Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to open TOPX file

23 replies to this topic

#21 sadean2

sadean2

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:45 PM

I have downloaded several TOPX files but they do not show in my e-Sword.  I tried to click on them to open and it doesn't do anything.  How can I get them to show up on my E-Sword?

#22 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

I have downloaded several TOPX files but they do not show in my e-Sword.  I tried to click on them to open and it doesn't do anything.  How can I get them to show up on my E-Sword?

They will appear in the topics editor in versions of E-Sword pre version 10, in versions 10 and 11 there is feature called resource library which will display them

#23 brandocommando7

brandocommando7

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:03 AM

I was having issues finding a topx file also. I was able to put it in my documents under the esword file and then open it in the topic notes editor but not the reference library. What I found is that if the file is in the program files esword file then you won't see it in the topic notes editor and I couldn't find it under the reference library tab. But if you go up to tools, and then resources you should see your topx file in the reference books area unchecked. Check it and then it should show up in the dropdown menu inside of the reference library window. This worked for me anyway.

#24 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • LocationThe Land of the Long White Cloud

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:26 PM

I was having issues finding a topx file also. I was able to put it in my documents under the esword file and then open it in the topic notes editor but not the reference library. What I found is that if the file is in the program files esword file then you won't see it in the topic notes editor and I couldn't find it under the reference library tab. But if you go up to tools, and then resources you should see your topx file in the reference books area unchecked. Check it and then it should show up in the dropdown menu inside of the reference library window. This worked for me anyway.

Trust that this video will broaden your understanding on just how all this works

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users