Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to open TOPX file

30 replies to this topic

#11 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:03 PM

is this one applied for Android ? please advise how to read topx files in android

This type of file is for use in e-Sword for Windows PC and will not work on an Android. MySword works on Android, but I don't know much about it. Someone else will have to tell you more.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#12 Timothy White

Timothy White

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:43 PM

OK, how bout some screenshots for challenged users. I had the From Eternity to Eternity topx up yesterday, but I unpinned my other screen boxes so I could read it. Then today, I had to restore defaults to get my commentaries back, etc... and the topx file would not show up. Don't know why it has to be so hard.

Pastor Tim

#13 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:03 PM

OK, how bout some screenshots for challenged users. I had the From Eternity to Eternity topx up yesterday, but I unpinned my other screen boxes so I could read it. Then today, I had to restore defaults to get my commentaries back, etc... and the topx file would not show up. Don't know why it has to be so hard.

Pastor Tim

You just have to get used to e-Sword. First, I recommend that you read the help file (click help from the main menu - then contents). The help file is excellent.

The quickest way to open .topx files is to click "Reference Library". That's the second line under the main e-Sword menu and the last icon on the right. Use the center bar and the down arrow to select which files you want. The .topx file you had open may still be open.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#14 bbacle

bbacle

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:30 AM

You are giving instructions that are not valid for Windows 7.

You go to the "Tools" menu at the top of the page, and select "Reference Library."

Then at the top of that window there is a drop down menu of all your topx files.

From there you select the one you wish to read.

Oh and BTW, it is condescending to tell people to get used to e-Sword.

Just give them instructions on how to use whatever they are asking for...period.

We all have so many programs on our computers these days, and each one is different.

Each one requires a special knowledge of how to use it properly.

I have to Google for a lot of things that I do not know how to do in software.

So, lighten up on people asking for help and just give them clear instructions, as I have done.

Edited by bbacle, 20 December 2016 - 10:34 AM.

#15 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:26 AM

You go to the "Tools" menu at the top of the page, and select "Reference Library."

Then at the top of that window there is a drop down menu of all your topx files.

Just give them instructions on how to use whatever they are asking for...period.

We all have so many programs on our computers these days, and each one is different.

So, lighten up on people asking for help and just give them clear instructions, as I have done.

An easier way is to open the editors window by clicking the editors tab along the left side of E-Sword. With the editors window open you have three editors to choose from Journal Notes, Study Notes and Topic Notes. Select the Topic Notes tab to access the Topics Notes editor. At the bottom of the Topics Editor window there is drop down list displaying a list of all of your installed .TOPX files that you can select from in order to view the .TOPX files.

#16 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:06 PM

The instructions I gave were correct. You just described another way of doing it. I think what I described is easier. I'm using the latest version of e-Sword on Windows 7. I was just trying to help - nothing more. Lighten up on the unwarranted condemnation.

#17 bbacle

bbacle

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

I'm sorry if I offended you...was not intentional.

The instructions you give for using the Editor tab and then the Topic Notes does NOT work for me.

All I have in the drop down menu under Topic Notes is "New Topic Note," and when I click on the arrow there is nothing else.

I deleted the "New Topic Note," and when I click on the arrow it is all blanks.

#18 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:04 AM

As he himself stated, Journey's information was correct. In fact that is how the Help file (instruction manual) has you doing it.

Attached File  Ref-Lib-3.jpg   43.46K   26 downloads

Also attached here are screen shots (for one of the other posters who requested them) showing journey's method. Please note that this is running Win 7.

Using the Tool Bar Icon to Access the Reference Library

Attached File  Ref-Lib-1.jpg   155.36K   29 downloads

The Drop down Mentioned.

Attached File  Ref-Lib-2.jpg   169.5K   27 downloads

The Optional way of accessing the Topic files from the topic Editor.

Attached File  Ref-Lib 4.jpg   150.92K   27 downloads

Finally reading the instructions and playing with the software is how you "Get use to the software".

It really is the only way to "learn" (get use to) how the programmer chose to do things.

Roy

#19 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:37 AM

Also note... If you are having issues finding the Topic file you might (depending on how you are trying to open the file) be having e-Sword look in the wrong location for the file.

see attached...

Attached File  Ref-Lib 5.jpg   99.8K   25 downloads

also note... if you click on the "New Topic" icon in the Topics Editor tool Bar....

you are adding a topic inside the currently open topic file (kind of like adding a new chapter). you are NOT at that point creating a new Topx file.

See info in the help file starting on page 148 ....

p149 .. Open an existing Topic File (In the Editor!!!)

p150 .. New Topic File

Roy

#20 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:37 PM

bbacle,

Just to add what to Roy had both shown and shared, of which some may not be aware - The Dropdown combo box is hidden when there is only one topx, jnlx, and notx file. The only time when the Combo box will appear is when topx, jnlx, or notx files are created or added.

A note about the older (and more kind of experienced) e-Sword users.

Not every older e-Sword user is a geek, a programmer, or resource developer. But these dudes and dudesses know their way around the program blindfolded (well maybe not so much as blindfolded), and with that their knowledge base is worth a mint, of which demands to be listened to. Having said that, there are new tips and tricks many of us are learning, and many there that are just waiting to be discovered, and so with that we are all still by and large on a learning journey.

So when it comes to the likes of Roy, Journey, plus the myriads of e-Sword old hands (including yours truly), we have a pretty good idea of how this program works. No more needs to be said about that.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users