Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword Tooltip Tool NT

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JanVink

JanVink

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 06:40 AM

Good day.

Can somebody possibly help me with this? For some unknown reason I cannot get this tool to function properly & e-Sword modules I put together do not reflect in the appropriate e-Sword folder. The system keeps on telling me that I do not have the permission to save in this location & I should contact the administrator to obtain permission.

Thank you,

Jan Vink

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 07:47 AM

"Program Files" is a protected map of the Windows program.

Can you not put the file in another map or make a map for the "alpha"(test file) and put it later in the "Program Files" when it is finished to test?

(This is the way I work).

This weaken your security in Windows:

Go to the Program Files" folder and right-click on the e-Sword map and Properties

There are 2 problems: the "read-only" option and permissions in the Security tab.

Edited by Katoog, 20 August 2021 - 07:48 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 20 August 2021 - 08:10 AM

Good day.

Can somebody possibly help me with this? For some unknown reason I cannot get this tool to function properly & e-Sword modules I put together do not reflect in the appropriate e-Sword folder. The system keeps on telling me that I do not have the permission to save in this location & I should contact the administrator to obtain permission.

Thank you,

Jan Vink

There are two "Program Files" folders, which are for two different platforms of software (programs, apps, and etc). They are:

1. C:\Program Files (x86) This is dedicated for 32bit applications. e-Sword and Tooltip Tool NT are 32 bit programs this is where it should be installed.
  2. C:\Program Files This is dedicated for 64bit applications.

When installing a program, the Installer should tell what the default folder it should be installed irrespective of its platform, whether it #1 or #2.

Trust you find this helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 20 August 2021 - 08:11 AM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 August 2021 - 09:33 AM

Good day.

Thank you,

Jan Vink

If I understand your problem correctly, it sounds like you need to save your e-Sword module that you are creating using Tooltip Tool NT to a different location first (say, the Desktop or your Documents folder), and then after it is saved, move it to the proper e-Sword folder, one of the ones that APsit190 named above. In other words, don't save the module you intend to create right to your e-Sword folder. Generally you can't save files directly in the Program Files folder in Windows (for security reasons), but there should be no problem moving your file there once it is created (or you can use e-Sword Module Installer, which is probably the most convenient way to do this). Remember also that you will have to restart e-Sword after adding any new modules (which e-Sword Module Installer tells you to do anyway).

I hope this suggestion is helpful to you.

Edited by modulist, 20 August 2021 - 09:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users