Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Post e-Sword Module Requests Here

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

#21 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:59 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the BibleSupport forums. This could be done very easily, from a technical perspective. However, a module maker would need the publisher's permission to create a module from their text, since they own the rights to their text.

#22 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

I am trying to find ERRB (exeGeses ready research Bible)in version 8. I realize the majority of this site is dedicated to version 9. I don't have version 9 because of download problems in using dialup ISP (no high speed available in my area).
Thanks
Jim

You may know this all ready but with a donation you can get eSword on cd just go to the eSword web site

http://www.e-sword.net/support.html

Edited by DSaw, 29 September 2011 - 11:17 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#23 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

so I'm wondering if it would be possible to take the ESV module and just remove all visible verses and chapter headings and just have each book read as though it's one long chapter(original paragraphs and stuff that are in the writing are fine, just don't like all the other stuff we added).

Some Biblical software can be configured to display as "letters", with normal paragraphs, etc, or "book, chapter, verse" as stand alone paragraphs.

e-Sword does not currently provide that option.

I would think this could be fairly easy but not really sure as I have no idea of much about programming.

For reasons I don't fully understand, it is more difficult for database driven Biblical software to provide that functionality, than flat file driven Biblical software to provide that functionality. e-Sword is database driven.

jonathon

#24 Cosmin

Cosmin

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:23 AM

Hello.

I found these commentaries on the site: http://openlibrary.org

Maybe in time someone take a look if it s worth to make a commentary modules from them.
Peake's commentary on the Bible

A commentary on the Holy Bible ByJohn R. Dummelow

The comprehensive commentary on the Holy Bible By William Jenks

The Bible readers' commentary By James Glentworth Butler

#25 Michael Arnold

Michael Arnold

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationShelbyville, Tennessee

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:37 PM

I have been trying to find Hebrew and Greek Grammars to use in e-Sword. Are there any out there?

#26 Antares

Antares

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationA rescue shop within a yard of Hell

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

Hello, all! Grace and peace upon you in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

I am wondering about a few items, and as I've not had the time to really search in depth for them, please forgive me if they were hiding in plain sight.

The first item I'm looking for is a complete set of Apocrypha. This would include everything from the Book of Enoch to the Shepherd. I do a lot of work in early church history and patristic thought, and this resource would be of tremendous help.

The second item I'm looking for is simply Foxes Book of Martyrs. Someone told me it is available, but I've not seen it. If there is a decent substitute out there, I'd be happy to go with that. (Jesus Freaks, for instance, was a great substitute for my hard copy Book of Martyrs.)

The third and final item, thus far, is a bit more hard to come by than I'd expected. I'm looking for a full and complete copy of the Talmud. English or Hebrew version, it does not matter.

Thanks, everyone, for any help you're able to give!

May God richly bless you all!

EDIT: Changed "Torah" to "Talmud." Thanks for the patience!

Edited by Antares, 15 November 2011 - 01:23 PM.

Posted Image

#27 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:29 AM

hi open up e-Sword click download click on topics

look for topics at this site for the rest of what you want Seek and you will find A.S.K.
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#28 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

The first item I'm looking for is a complete set of Apocrypha.

Apocrypha is a vague term. If a list of specific works was listed, it would be much simpler to point you to where they could be found.

Do note that most of the translations of the Pseudopigraphia into English are under copyright, and as such, probably will not be legally available for e-Sword.

The second item I'm looking for is simply Foxes Book of Martyrs.

http://www.biblesupp...martyrstopxexe/

I'm looking for a full and complete copy of the Torah. English or Hebrew version, it does not matter.

How are you defining "Torah" here, since it obviously isn't being used as a synonym for the Pentatude.

jonathon

#29 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

I have been trying to find Hebrew and Greek Grammars to use in e-Sword. Are there any out there?

Yes. However most of them are late Nineteenth or early twentieth century works.

jonathon

#30 Antares

Antares

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationA rescue shop within a yard of Hell

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

Apocrypha is a vague term. If a list of specific works was listed, it would be much simpler to point you to where they could be found.

Do note that most of the translations of the Pseudopigraphia into English are under copyright, and as such, probably will not be legally available for e-Sword.

Go figure on the copyright issue...

Well, I had someone PM me with a good start- 69 of the original Apocrypha. For future reference, anything written within the first sixty to eighty years after Christ is considered "original," and those are the ones I am looking for. I believe it's a total of close to 100 different books.

How are you defining "Torah" here, since it obviously isn't being used as a synonym for the Pentatude.

jonathon

Yes, I noticed that. When I submitted this request, I was running on almost no sleep. :rolleyes:

I was actually speaking of the Talmud- all of the legal precedent which was passed down collected into the one book. I've seen several hard copies, but did not know if it existed for eSword.

I'm also editing my original request to reflect what I'm ACTUALLY looking for! :lol:

Thank you again!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users