Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

some programs I use to help with Module creation

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#11 blcjr

blcjr

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:34 AM

If you are using omnipage pro go to tools, options. OCR tab look for "languages in document" and check the box for Greek from the list click ok

note: the resulting OCR of the Greek will not be as accurate as the English

So would this ability not be in the "18" version? I cannot tell from the comparison chart that Josh link. And how good is it at this? Is it NT Greek, or is it Modern Greek? I tried a program once which had that "ability" to select the language for scanning. But it was modern Greek, and even then probably got only about 80 percent of the text to scan correctly. I wish I was wrong, but I don't think there is any real choice but to do keyboard entry of the Greek.

#12 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:02 AM

Personally, if I was having to type in the Greek manually, I'd put the transliteration in English instead. Still a pain, but much quicker.

#13 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

If you are using omnipage pro go to tools, options. OCR tab look for "languages in document" and check the box for Greek from the list click ok

note: the resulting OCR of the Greek will not be as accurate as the English

The PDF that I have was generated by someone else so I will not be able to rescan. Does this method you describe only apply to scan that I create myself with the omnipage software?

#14 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

The PDF that I have was generated by someone else so I will not be able to rescan. Does this method you describe only apply to scan that I create myself with the omnipage software?

Yes omnipage OCR engine is different than other ocr so you will need to run it through omnipage If the PDF you have has the correct greek you can run it through omnipage pro ocr

if you can't ocr again I recommend babelmap I copy and paste the greek word into babalemap and fix any errors then copy and paste it back into omnipage

I should state I do ALL my proofing in Omnipage pro which makes it easy to fix geek using Bablemap

as long as you can see the greek word with correct characters using babelmap to fix the errors in the text

Personally, if I was having to type in the Greek manually, I'd put the transliteration in English instead. Still a pain, but much quicker.

Personally I prefer to recreate the greek as it looks in the PDF especially if that PDF happens to be a Greek English Lexicon

So would this ability not be in the "18" version? I cannot tell from the comparison chart that Josh link. And how good is it at this? Is it NT Greek, or is it Modern Greek? I tried a program once which had that "ability" to select the language for scanning. But it was modern Greek, and even then probably got only about 80 percent of the text to scan correctly. I wish I was wrong, but I don't think there is any real choice but to do keyboard entry of the Greek.

your numbers on accuracy are accurate however i do not use the keyboard to enter Greek i use babelmap

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#15 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

would anyone like to see a video of how I enter Greek using babelmap in conjunction with ominpage pro

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#16 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

would anyone like to see a video of how I enter Greek using babelmap in conjunction with ominpage pro

count me in..

#17 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Obviously, I wouldn't want a Greek lexicon in all transliterated form. But in a commentary or topx file, it would be more useful for 99% of the users who can't read Greek.

#18 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

here is a quick video

#19 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

here is a quick video

Thanks for taking the time to create and upload. It looks like to be a useful tool.

#20 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

Try this free tool for typing Unicode text in ancient scripts
http://www.logos.com/shibboleth

Jon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users