Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 11 Released

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#31 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida 34120

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:16 AM

Before downloading, can you tell us if we will lose any downloaded modules? 

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#32 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:56 AM

The updated BDB lexicon module is now downloadable.

If you make a backup of this not lost.

C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

The old RTF based modules are less compatible in compare mode and there are for the moment bugs related with the search of Non-Latin script languages.

Edited by Katoog, 19 July 2016 - 02:57 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#33 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:23 PM

e-Sword 11.03 is now available. I don't know what all has changed. I have noticed that it is fairly common for e-Sword to cut off the last letter in a line for the display. This still happens in 11.03.

By the way, the copy and paste verse function appears to be fixed now. Let me double check and try this forum:

Romans 8:1-2 KJV  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.  2.  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Yes, it works.

Edited by journey, 22 July 2016 - 11:41 PM.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#34 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:15 AM

issue

typing in the search entry window:

in bible search window searching KJV+ I click on the search entry window typing cursor shows 

But if mouse pointer falls into display window typing courser goes away and you cannot type

typing cursor does remain if the mouse pointer goes into the title bar

search window results:

I Can no longer drag and drop text from the search results window into word 

copy and paste does not hold the font and font size (example esword is Titus cyberbit basic 24 but pasts in word as time new roman 10 

This is corrected by past special unformatted text from within word

also line spacing is off periodically (but is fixed buy past special unformatted text)

can anyone else confirm

DSaw 

Copy all and paste all is not such an issue and paste special does not work in this case

DSaw, the insertion point appears to disappear when the mouse pointer is moved to any other window. This appears to be true whether you actually click in another window or not. Merely moving it back and clicking or only hovering in the editor window instantly makes it reappear. I do not recall seeing this before downloading 11.0.0 but have since. I'm not into module building, html coding, etc. but am assuming this is normal for Rick's newest e-Sword version. I'm probably not even using the correct terminology there but hope it makes sense. :-)

#35 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:41 AM

e-Sword 11.03 is now available. I don't know what all has changed. I have noticed that it is fairly common for e-Sword to cut off the last letter in a line for the display. This still happens in 11.03.

By the way, the copy and paste verse function appears to be fixed now. Let me double check and try this forum:

Romans 8:1-2 KJV  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.  2.  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Yes, it works.

Hi Journey

Has the ability to drag and drop returned

DSaw

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#36 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:42 AM

Hi Journey

Has the ability to drag and drop returned

DSaw

No, drag and drop copy/pasting is still gone. And the highlighting bug (where text moves) when toggling Pericope remains.

The bug that Larry reported (search for a term, choose a result midway through, press OK, and e-Sword returns to the first verse in the search results) is fixed.

#37 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:58 AM

Thank you Josh

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#38 emilzalez

emilzalez

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:36 PM

I dont know how to wxplain this, but I'll try:

When working in a window (Bible, Commentary, Editor, etc.) if the pointer hover over other window, the one that I'm working in get unselected. Example, writing on Editor notes, if the pointer moves to Commentary, the editor window retrieve out. I have to move the pointer to editor again. That didnt happened with 10.x. Is it a new thing, or just a bug?

#39 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:36 PM

I see what you are saying. The focus changes to wherever your mouse pointer moves to. So, if you are typing in the Editor window, and your mouse hovers over the Commentaries, Dictionaries, or Bibles window, then you can no longer type.

It appears to be a feature (done on purpose), but I'm not sure why. You can only type in the Editors window, so mousing over a different window should not prevent you from typing in the only window that you can type in. 

Josh

I dont know how to wxplain this, but I'll try:

When working in a window (Bible, Commentary, Editor, etc.) if the pointer hover over other window, the one that I'm working in get unselected. Example, writing on Editor notes, if the pointer moves to Commentary, the editor window retrieve out. I have to move the pointer to editor again. That didnt happened with 10.x. Is it a new thing, or just a bug?

#40 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:03 PM

Is it possible to change the location and titles for the optional headings?

Also, there's a lot of html code at the end of each search (note: I've not upgraded to 11.3, so that may be fixed)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users