Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 11 Released

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 dasadler

dasadler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGarden Grove, California, 92844, USA

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:02 PM

I see what you are saying. The focus changes to wherever your mouse pointer moves to. So, if you are typing in the Editor window, and your mouse hovers over the Commentaries, Dictionaries, or Bibles window, then you can no longer type.

It appears to be a feature (done on purpose), but I'm not sure why. You can only type in the Editors window, so mousing over a different window should not prevent you from typing in the only window that you can type in. 

Josh

It actually applies to other apps as well... for example, I have two monitors with e-Sword always maximized in my right screen (running windows, BTW)... if I open a notepad note and move it in front of the e-Sword, then when I move my mouse away from the note (over the e-Sword), then e-Sword steals the focus.  Same with calculator or any other app.  Previous version (10.4.0) did not do this.  Still on 11.0.1 right now.

#42 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:27 PM

No, not possible to change Pericope headling locations. It's either on or off. And when it's on, any highlights you've made with it off will be misaligned with the text. (Or if you make highlights with Pericope on, and then turn it off, your highlights will also be misaligned.)

Html at the end of searches was fixed earlier.

Is it possible to change the location and titles for the optional headings?

Also, there's a lot of html code at the end of each search (note: I've not upgraded to 11.3, so that may be fixed)

#43 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:04 PM

No, not possible to change Pericope headling locations. It's either on or off. And when it's on, any highlights you've made with it off will be misaligned with the text. (Or if you make highlights with Pericope on, and then turn it off, your highlights will also be misaligned.)

Html at the end of searches was fixed earlier.

From what I seem to understand is, whether its RTF or HTML, there are limitations to what one can do when it comes to what can do. The issue with pericoping (I don't know if that is an actual word) is that the problem it has with highlighted text is that same irrespective of whether its rtf or HTML. As to whether this is a fixable problem, from what I seem to see, is that its a pretty near impossible task.

I don't know how well highlights work when it comes to the Pericope in other Bible Software, if they experience similar issues.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#44 emilzalez

emilzalez

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:17 PM

By the way, what Pericope does?

#45 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:21 AM

As to whether this is a fixable problem, from what I seem to see, is that its a pretty near impossible task.

It is fixable. The way highlighting works in e-Sword for Windows, is that the highlighting is specified by start and stop character counts from the beginning of each chapter for a given Bible version.  The program would have to store that data always as if the pericope was turned off.  When the pericope was turned on, the location of the headings would need to be calculated, and the start and stop positions of the highlighting recalculated.  Yes, it would involve calculations for every highlight.  But I see no reason why it could not be done. 

#46 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:28 AM

By the way, what Pericope does?

To see what Pericope does. Go to Eph 1:1 (I used this as it has pericope text there) in bibile click "options" scroll down and you will see the option to "display bible pericope". put a check mark next to it. The pericope text will be displayed in the bible, if the check mark is there then uncheck it. Voila no text.

Edited by Silverhair, 24 July 2016 - 10:19 AM.

Gal 2:20

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God 

There must be conviction before there can be conversion 

#47 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida 34120

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:26 AM

Another pleasant surprise is scripture tool tips in bible modules.....

attachicon.gifVerse Popups.jpg

Two things:

1. In the exact same scripture as your screen shot my pointer does not bring up the Heb 11:3 scripture like yours does. Nothing appears. So I must have something off or done wrong. I did install version 11.3 but no change.

2. How did you get the text different colors like the gold/tan in your screen shot?

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#48 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:44 PM

Hey Brother,

That module was one I had created back before I purchased the official Amplified Bible. I had gotten the text from Lockman themselves. I used it (a module I had created) because I wanted to make sure that it wasn't some special (secret) coding used by commercial module builders (similar to those in-line pop up notes you see in the NET or NASB or even the commercial AMP bible.

The colors were what I had used to create the module. I "think" it was suppose to be brown.

As far as what I 'did' was simply to install the new version of e-Sword.

Make sure that the cross-reference is actually tool-tip formatted.

Roy

Edited by Roy, 24 July 2016 - 03:48 PM.

#49 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

It actually applies to other apps as well... for example, I have two monitors with e-Sword always maximized in my right screen (running windows, BTW)... if I open a notepad note and move it in front of the e-Sword, then when I move my mouse away from the note (over the e-Sword), then e-Sword steals the focus.  Same with calculator or any other app.  Previous version (10.4.0) did not do this.  Still on 11.0.1 right now.

You are quite correct, as is Josh. That said, here is what I have experienced:

If one moves the mouse to the toolbars and the Tab areas only, the cursor remains visible in the text area, which tends to indicate that the focus is still on the text area of the editor. However, and this is one really massive However thingy once the mouse is moved into the text area of the any of resource windows, the focus in the text editor goes off.

Now the technical explanation for this. And this is really technical so I hope I can explain this to you without too much or as little as possible techno speak... Right, get ready, set and go... That is what is suppose to happen. That means its not a glitch or a bug in the program. It is what is suppose to do because the program assumes you are going to something in that area, e.g., like select some text and do a copy and paste, or something else.

Now, I reckon to some this might be a right royal pain in the butt kind of thing, however, this is something which happens in ordinary word processors and text editors, like Notepad Pro, Notepad++ and etc. And therefore its not really something that is new. In fact its common as muck. And guess what?! It even happens in the code editor of Visual Studio.

So, with that, I hope this has helped some if not all, and I hope there wasn't too much techno speak. :lol:

So on that note,

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 24 July 2016 - 04:22 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#50 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida 34120

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:21 AM

Hey Brother,

That module was one I had created back before I purchased the official Amplified Bible. I had gotten the text from Lockman themselves. I used it (a module I had created) because I wanted to make sure that it wasn't some special (secret) coding used by commercial module builders (similar to those in-line pop up notes you see in the NET or NASB or even the commercial AMP bible.

The colors were what I had used to create the module. I "think" it was suppose to be brown.

As far as what I 'did' was simply to install the new version of e-Sword.

Make sure that the cross-reference is actually tool-tip formatted.

Roy

Thanks Roy,

I don't know what you mean by "tool tip formatted"....is that a feature that I turn on or what? I thought tool tip was a feature that was part of the update....pardon my lack of understanding.

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users