Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 11 Released

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#51 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:01 PM

Thanks Roy,

I don't know what you mean by "tool tip formatted"....is that a feature that I turn on or what? I thought tool tip was a feature that was part of the update....pardon my lack of understanding.

Tool tipping is used in versions of E-Sword prior to version 11 to create pop up notes for scripture references in commentaries and Strong's numbers in bible modules. When you move the mouse cursor over a tool tipped reference or a Strong's number a note appears on the screen showing either the referenced scripture, or the information connected to a Strong's number. The Windows program used for creating module's is called Tooltip NT and it automatically creates the tool tips with a couple of mouse clicks. Tooltip NT allows the user to customize certain features of Tool tips such as the color of the tooltipped reference or Strong's number, having them appear in bold, underline or italics and even having them be highlighted.  

E-Sword versions prior to 11 allowed the user to change the color of tool tips from within E-Sword but that as reportedly changed in version 11 somewhat 

With the release of version 11 of E-Sword Tool tipped scripture references can now appear in bible modules along with Strong's numbers 

#52 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

Hi all 

I redid a bible that has scripture popups in version 11 and it works nice

here is an image:

Attached File  eSword popup.jpg   172.98K   47 downloads

I am playing around with it

I remade this module using Tool Tip Tool NT (T4), scriptures in the bible.

I would like to know if notes popups as well?

Thanks

Edited by patchworkid, 25 July 2016 - 04:28 PM.

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#53 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:32 PM

Thanks Roy,

I don't know what you mean by "tool tip formatted"....is that a feature that I turn on or what? I thought tool tip was a feature that was part of the update....pardon my lack of understanding.

Let me see if I can explain this.

A tool-tip is that pop-up text that you see whenever you hover your mouse over some feature or link in a windows program (yea... Mac & Linux too ;)

In e-Sword You will see text that looks like this  Mat_1:1.

The thing that makes this verse tool-tipped and works as a pop-up is not its color.

Is not that it is underlined. Is not that there is some secret code behind it. Rather it is the characters in the text.

with out its color and underlining you have...... Mat_1:1

A three letter book name, an underscore character, a chapter number, a colon, and a verse number.

Note: The three letter book name must be one that e-Sword recognizes.

s-Sword looks for this combination of characters in EVERY word in e-Sword that your mouse moves over.

this is why you can, in one of e-Swords editors, type the word/characters "Mat_1:1", put your mouse pointer on the word, amd have Matthew 1:1 pop up.

You have to do NOTHING special but format the verse reference correctly.

That is what I meant. Is the verse reference formatted in that manner.

Before version 11, scripture tool-tips ONLY WORKED in non-Bible modules.

They now appear to work in Bible modules as well.

#54 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:39 PM

Hi all 

I redid a bible that has scripture popups in version 11 and it works nice

here is an image:

attachicon.gifeSword popup.jpg

I am playing around with it

I remade this module using Tool Tip Tool NT (T4), scriptures in the bible.

I would like to know if notes popups as well?

Thanks

So far, the only Pop-Up additions I have seen are the Scripture Tool-Tips and Morph Tool-Tips, if formatted using the RMAC dictionary.

(and those only in the Bible)

Attached File  Morph-Pop-Ups.jpg   85.37K   27 downloads

Edited by Roy, 25 July 2016 - 06:45 PM.

#55 Jim Bob

Jim Bob

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

Hello all,

Can't tell you how glad I am to see E-sword getting an update. It is a real blessing, and I use it constantly.

I've noticed a small problem, but perhaps it is my own making. When you go to the copy dialogue (drop down text is Copy Verses, looks like the normal copy button, but with a green circle with plus in the midst--I'm sure you know what I'm referring to), there is the option to include commentary notes. Unfortunately, this, from the drop down menu, only allows me to pull commentary notes from the default install modules (FB Meyer & TSK). Maybe, as I said, it is something I have done, since I haven't seen anyone else talking about it, or no one else really uses this option.

Is anyone aware of this, or has the same problem?

Thanks!

-Joel

#56 emilzalez

emilzalez

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:34 PM

Something more:

Not deal breaking but a little annoying. In study notes, when I write a Bible cite and mark it, nothing happens when I hover the mouse over it,. Have to close the window and open it again to make that work. Make sense to somebody?

#57 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:20 AM

Are there any plans to fix the cursor issue?  I understand the convenience of just moving your mouse and then using the scroll wheel to scroll down in a commentary, dictionary, or Bible window without having to actually click on it, I really do.  But that convenience actually cuts down on the usability of e-Sword for me (for example) when I click the search icon. I can no longer just type what I am searching for, since the cursor/pointer isn't sitting exactly at the specific search box.  If I do click the search box, but the mouse moves in the least little bit, then nothing I type shows up, because the mouse is no longer sitting directly over the search box.  For someone who does a lot of word studies and heavy research via e-Sword, this is a problem--a big one.

This is, in my opinion, a major issue (especially given what others have said about going between two programs) which will either cause me to move back to e-Sword 10 (anyone got a copy of the install file?), or migrate to TheWord and just spend my time learning that program.

-Brad

#58 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:25 PM

I've heard this from quite a few people. And I see where it's annoying. Maybe email rick@e-sword.net and see what he says? That way, you will at least know if he's planning a fix or treating it as a feature.

Josh

Are there any plans to fix the cursor issue?  I understand the convenience of just moving your mouse and then using the scroll wheel to scroll down in a commentary, dictionary, or Bible window without having to actually click on it, I really do.  But that convenience actually cuts down on the usability of e-Sword for me (for example) when I click the search icon. I can no longer just type what I am searching for, since the cursor/pointer isn't sitting exactly at the specific search box.  If I do click the search box, but the mouse moves in the least little bit, then nothing I type shows up, because the mouse is no longer sitting directly over the search box.  For someone who does a lot of word studies and heavy research via e-Sword, this is a problem--a big one.

This is, in my opinion, a major issue (especially given what others have said about going between two programs) which will either cause me to move back to e-Sword 10 (anyone got a copy of the install file?), or migrate to TheWord and just spend my time learning that program.

-Brad

#59 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

My vote - I consider the cursor issue to be a feature, not a bug. I think that the position of the cursor should set the focus. Moving the mouse cursor is no big deal.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#60 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:43 PM

-Brad

Brad 

this is an issue with me to as I use the search often 

I click on the small search entry window get the typing curser leave my hand off the mouse and it moves just enough to lose the typing curser  It is annouying and does not work that way in eSword 10.4.0

along with other issues has prompted me to revert back to esword 10.4 

You may have the exe file in you PC it is setup1040.exe it also could be update1040

DSaw

I was just thinking if you have the update and not the setup you may need to install setup 1030 first

Edited by DSaw, 27 July 2016 - 04:57 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users