Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

I need the new add-in for micro soft word documents

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 truthinc

truthinc

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

sen me the information for the new add-in for the latest micro soft word, please. You have changed your format and I cannot find the location of its download section

yours Al Millirons

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:05 PM

sen me the information for the new add-in for the latest micro soft word, please. You have changed your format and I cannot find the location of its download section

Hi Al,

I think you just might have raised a tad of a problem without realizing it.

This is coming from a programmer's perspective, and in saying that I could be wrong about what I'm going to share.

There are four kinds of software

1. Windows Forms, that which we generally use which are Desktop applications
  2. WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) Forms, which are used on Desktop and mobile devices
  3. Finally, there is the Cloud based programs, such as Office 360.
  4. Finally there is the Browser based software such as extensions, like SQLite and others, which run on a web Browser, e.g., Firefox, Chrome and etc.

Now, I know that the Macros that Rick Meyers had created for MS Word, are Windows form based. MS Word (Office 2016) is a WPF form program (in the Same way that MS new web browser, Edge, is). The thing about WPF based software is that they are predominantly written in XAML (pron: Zamle). So how it and Cloud based software will handle third party macros is something that needs an answer too, of which I don't have.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 24 September 2015 - 06:05 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users