Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-sword study notes editor

15 replies to this topic

#1 Ruben Canez-Reyes

Ruben Canez-Reyes

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

Hello, I am Rubén Cañez a missionary in México, teaching at a Missionary Training program. I have been having trouble to write my notes in the Editors/Study notes, because I write my notes on a particular Bible verse, but for some reason even 'though I click on save, after I exit E-sword, the next time I try to find and open my previously written notes they are erased. Apparently the program does not do the sync. I go to the Locate Study Notes and the notes do not exist, and I have to write them again, or copy and paste them again into esword in order to be able to use them from e-sword during class. Does anyone know what is the problem?

Rubén Cañez

Edited by Ruben Canez-Reyes, 03 February 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#2 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

First, click on the Scripture verse you want to make notes for.

Second, go to the study notes editor.

Third, click on the "Synchronize Notes With Active Verse" icon (bottom row of icons - third from the right - looks like a chain link).

Fourth, check the verse reference to the left of your "chain link" and make sure it matches what you want.

Fifth, enter your note and information.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#3 Ruben Canez-Reyes

Ruben Canez-Reyes

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

First, click on the Scripture verse you want to make notes for.

Second, go to the study notes editor.

Third, click on the "Synchronize Notes With Active Verse" icon (bottom row of icons - third from the right - looks like a chain link).

Fourth, check the verse reference to the left of your "chain link" and make sure it matches what you want.

Fifth, enter your note and information.

Hello, I did exactly what you say in your instructions, but still, after I close the program and re start my notes are no where to be found. Thanks for your willingness to help me.

#4 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

Hello, I did exactly what you say in your instructions, but still, after I close the program and re start my notes are no where to be found. Thanks for your willingness to help me.

Did you save the note before closing? If so, the only other thing I can think of is having the latest version of e-Sword - version 10.2.1. I hope this helps.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#5 Ruben Canez-Reyes

Ruben Canez-Reyes

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:33 PM

Did you save the note before closing? If so, the only other thing I can think of is having the latest version of e-Sword - version 10.2.1. I hope this helps.

Yes, I did save it. Also I have the e-sword 10.2.1 version already installed (I downloaded the last version and after uninstalling e-sword 10.2.1 I re installed it). Since I downloaded and installed this version some months ago I have not been able to work with study notes. I can work with the journal notes and the topic notes just fine, but not with the study notes. I will check whether other users are able to use the study notes without a problem and see what type of equipments and windows versions they are using. When I was using Ubuntu I had no problem with this. But at this point I am using Windows 7, 64bit, and 6g ram. I am tending to think that this is a kind of bug in this version that affects the type of software and hardware that I am using. Well, thank you for taking the time to help me. May the Lord give you a great day.

#6 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:29 AM

Yes, I did save it. Also I have the e-sword 10.2.1 version already installed (I downloaded the last version and after uninstalling e-sword 10.2.1 I re installed it). Since I downloaded and installed this version some months ago I have not been able to work with study notes. I can work with the journal notes and the topic notes just fine, but not with the study notes. I will check whether other users are able to use the study notes without a problem and see what type of equipments and windows versions they are using. When I was using Ubuntu I had no problem with this. But at this point I am using Windows 7, 64bit, and 6g ram. I am tending to think that this is a kind of bug in this version that affects the type of software and hardware that I am using. Well, thank you for taking the time to help me. May the Lord give you a great day.

My machine is almost exactly like yours (Windows 7, 64 bit, and 8g ram. I haven't used the Study Notes Editor, so I just did a test with mine. I followed the instructions I gave you and did have study notes saved for the verse I was working with. So, this is a mystery to me UNLESS:

This could be a permissions problem that Windows is famous for. Try:

1 - Install e-Sword as the Administrator. You do this by right clicking the e-Sword install file and selecting "run as administrator". Finish installation before going to step 2.

2 - Right click the e-Sword folder - should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword or C:\Program Files\e-Sword

On many Windows machines. Click properties - click security - check your current user's permissions - click edit if you don't have full access - check all the boxes for access - click "OK" to save.

Now - try running e-Sword and the Study Notes Editor. I hope this helps because I can't think of anything else.

#7 Ruben Canez-Reyes

Ruben Canez-Reyes

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

My machine is almost exactly like yours (Windows 7, 64 bit, and 8g ram. I haven't used the Study Notes Editor, so I just did a test with mine. I followed the instructions I gave you and did have study notes saved for the verse I was working with. So, this is a mystery to me UNLESS:

This could be a permissions problem that Windows is famous for. Try:

1 - Install e-Sword as the Administrator. You do this by right clicking the e-Sword install file and selecting "run as administrator". Finish installation before going to step 2.

2 - Right click the e-Sword folder - should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword or C:\Program Files\e-Sword

On many Windows machines. Click properties - click security - check your current user's permissions - click edit if you don't have full access - check all the boxes for access - click "OK" to save.

Now - try running e-Sword and the Study Notes Editor. I hope this helps because I can't think of anything else.

That sounds like a very good idea. I will try it. And yes I do hope that this will solve this problem. Thanks!

#8 Ruben Canez-Reyes

Ruben Canez-Reyes

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

I started the program as an administrator, also in properties I gave e-sword all the permissions. It did not work.

Also, I uninstalled e-sword 10.2.1 and installed e-sword 10.1. And still the problem persists.

I will try some other things which I didn't want to do: Get into the firewalls, into the registry of the computer and see if I have some other errors, wrong extentions, etc. dlls...

Thank you. Meanwhile, I guess I'll just use some other text editor.

#9 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

did you create the notx with eSword by using CTRL + right click, New in  esword

for me esword opens the notx files in my documents eSword folder 

did you give the notx file a different name than Study.notx 

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#10 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

did you create the notx with eSword by using CTRL + right click, New in  esword

for me esword opens the notx files in my documents eSword folder 

did you give the notx file a different name than Study.notx 

He's trying to do Study Notes per Scripture. It automatically saved my test on my machine in an already existing Study.notx using the Study Notes Editor. I could be wrong, but I think you're talking about use of the Topic Notes Editor.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users