Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to download esword modules to iPad

110 replies to this topic

#61 Kogbe

Kogbe

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

Hi Josh. I got the e-sword app installed but need the pulpit commentary which the app does not currently offer. Can you help please?

#62 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

Hello,

e-Sword for the iPad doesn't support normal e-Sword modules. A module must be especially made for e-Sword iPad.

Next, e-Sword for the iPad does not allow for downloading and installing third party modules automatically. The author (Rick Meyers) says that the vast majority of users are satisfied with the internal module offerings and there is no need to allow you an easy way to install modules from other websites. If you disagree, you can communicate that to Rick through the feedback process.

As far as I know, no one has converted the Pulpit Commentary to e-Sword iPad format. And when it does happen, you will have to follow instructions similar to these to copy the module to your iPad (remember, e-Sword for the iPad does not offer any type of automatic module installation for user created modules). These copy instructions use a program called iFunBox. Even when an iPad version of a module exists, it will be more complicated then simply "downloading to the iPad".

Without an automated (easy) way to install iPad modules, I haven't bothered converting most e-Sword content. A few members (like Brent Hildebrand and James Rice) are converting content however in hopes that a more automatic installation process will arise. 

#63 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Hi Josh. I got the e-sword app installed but need the pulpit commentary which the app does not currently offer. Can you help please?

If you want to use your iPad with the Pulpit Commentary, you can download the free iBible Study HD app.  The developer has built in some method to convert commentary and dictionary modules (in zipped files) from:  http://www.wordmodules.com/.  So, I have the Church Pulpit Commentary, the Pulpit Commentary, Alford, Bengal, Nicole, Meyer and a few others.  These will work in the iBible app.  Here is the website for more information:http://www.holybibleanswer.com/

Please note that there are many more third party modules that are locked and thus, cannot be used in iBible study app. 

#64 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

Hey, Jogirl - it's even better than that.

All non-locked modules that are distributed for theWord (official and third party, like mine) can be used in the app you mentioned. Premium resources, though, cannot be used with the app.

It should be noted that the app is not officially affiliated with theWord. I think, though, it does have theWord's blessing.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#65 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hey, Jogirl - it's even better than that.

All non-locked modules that are distributed for theWord (official and third party, like mine) can be used in the app you mentioned. Premium resources, though, cannot be used with the app.

It should be noted that the app is not officially affiliated with theWord. I think, though, it does have theWord's blessing.

Thanks for that info. Dave. I will peruse your website.

I am a little baffled, Dave, by what modules you mean can be downloaded from your website. On the commentary page, the links all loop me back to Josh's website for theword modules and most of the ones I want are locked. The issue is with locked modules, Dave.

Edited by Jogirl, 05 July 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#66 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

At my site, I host files that I build, or are built and submitted to me, and link to files I find elsewhere on the web. Most of the .cmtx/.cmt files on my sites are links, and not hosted files (which is why you should end up back at wordmodules.com). Probably half of the .topx/.gbk files at my site are mine, and are hosted at my site.

I do not use the app you originally mentioned in your post above. The site does say that it is compatible with theword software modules - and someone told me (some time ago) that third party modules worked, too.

If you're having trouble using theword modules with that app, contact them directly - or PM me. Further discussion of this particular topic probably is "off topic" for this forum.

If I can be of any help, I stand ready to assist.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#67 tomcesword13

tomcesword13

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Josh,

I would love to see Thomas Constable's Commentary in the iOS format. 

Thanks for your work.

#68 cppapazis

cppapazis

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

I too would love to have more options with the eSword HD iPad version. I love it, but would love it more if I could add more modules.

Thanks for all you've done to make these awesome resources available!!

#69 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

I have gone through the iPad app and written my suggestions for modules to Rick Meyer. If I want something on the iPad app for e-sword that is the route I take. Given the modules available through Samy's iBible study HD app and Nic Carter's Pocket Sword iPad app, I am able to study beyond a cursory level. All of these developers work hard for the common goal of Bible study and I am grateful!

#70 jose Quintero

jose Quintero

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

File sharing has Belén implemented what is this mean on version 2.0 esword HD ? Need help installing modules that i created please send me a link shalom

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users