Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to download esword modules to iPad

110 replies to this topic

#81 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Is it possible to make the module,'McClintock, John & Strong, James - Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature (12 vols)' for esword hd?

Trevor,
I have converted a lot of modules from BibleSupport to ios format for the iPad without any problem. McClintock's should convert, too. Just follow the steps outlined in the posts above (a lot of helpful information with steps spelled out-see jwigginton & alex). If you need help, continue to post your questions! God Bless.

Edited by Jogirl, 23 January 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#82 killer

killer

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:43 AM

Hi Wellman,

I doubt Rick Meyers will add titles like you suggest. He said that e-Sword HD is a leisurely, Bible reader and that people sitting around the fireplace reading, or in bed (or leisurely) reading, don't need the scholarly Greek titles. He's thinking more devotional, or "easy reading", like James Hastings and F.B. Meyer. e-Sword HD has problems rendering certain Greek and Hebrew unicode types. That may play into his thinking as well.

I am a Bible college teacher and a preacher both at home and itenerant, and I use the e-sword HD app on my iPad for preaching, teaching, etc. For me it is not a leisurely thing. I need to be able to sync between my Mac and my iPad. And to use the same bible versions I have on my Mac (both Spanish and English) that I use for sermon prep. available on my iPad.

#83 Patricia K. Koble

Patricia K. Koble

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

I am on my I Pad and have tried to download books I want to read without any success. Is there some one who understands how to tell me to iaccomplish this in simple English. Think you ,

Patricia k. Koble

#84 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

Hi Patricia,
I hope I can help you. In order to use e-sword modules on your iPad you need to do two things. Convert the module to ios format, if it isn't already. BTW, in ios format, e.g. bbli, cmti-notice the letter "i" on the end of the file extension. That shows the module is in ios format. Second, you then need to use iTunes or iFunbox to drag and drop the module onto your ipad through file sharing.

Please let me know where you are in the process.

Note: you cannot just download a file from BibleSupport (even if it is in ios format) to the iPad. You must have access to a pc with iTunes or iFunbox on it.

Edited by Jogirl, 23 March 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#85 jagg2k5

jagg2k5

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:26 AM

Hi 

I bought an iPad Air one month back and purchased eSword HD to run "Traducción Kadosh Israelita Mesiánica de Estudio - Diego Ascunce" and also "CDG El Codigo Real - NT Textual Hebraico". 

I know both exist in the PC Windows version of eSword but unfortunately I can't put my Win-desktop in my backpack every day when I leave home. Is it possible to get both bibles, and their respective comentaries and dictionaries to install in esword HD?

if so how much will it cost?

I hope to hear from you soon.

God Bless you. 

#86 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

Hi 

I bought an iPad Air one month back and purchased eSword HD to run "Traducción Kadosh Israelita Mesiánica de Estudio - Diego Ascunce" and also "CDG El Codigo Real - NT Textual Hebraico". 

I know both exist in the PC Windows version of eSword but unfortunately I can't put my Win-desktop in my backpack every day when I leave home. Is it possible to get both bibles, and their respective comentaries and dictionaries to install in esword HD?

if so how much will it cost?

I hope to hear from you soon.

God Bless you. 

They have to be in ios format to load onto the iPad.  This thread--previous posts--describe the process of conversion and getting them to work on the iPad.  If I had access to the original modules in e-sword on my pc, I would try to convert them and see how it goes.  Hope that helps.

#87 SHattingh

SHattingh

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

Please can you add more reference material to the Ipad eSword HD app.

Things like Thompson Chain Reference.

That would be so cool

Many thanks for a great app

#88 SHattingh

SHattingh

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

I would like to contribute to the conversation of Arm Chair reading vs Study.

When I am on an airplane and space is tight, and my laptop battery is flat.

I am very glad for my iPad and eSword HD. If i could access more reference material for reading, that would be excellent.

True making notes and deeper studies are on the PCs of one kind or another. But what about reading whilst you have the chance in airports and planes etc.

Place make more reference material available.

I personally would love to have Thomson Chain Reference

Blessings

#89 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

I would like to contribute to the conversation of Arm Chair reading vs Study.
When I am on an airplane and space is tight, and my laptop battery is flat.
I am very glad for my iPad and eSword HD. If i could access more reference material for reading, that would be excellent.

Place make more reference material available.
I personally would love to have Thomson Chain Reference
Blessings

Is this what you are looking for: http://www.biblesupp...ce-tcrdctxexe/?

#90 SHattingh

SHattingh

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

Yes thank you, I have that file, but how do i implement that in eSword HD and iPad

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users