Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to download esword modules to iPad

110 replies to this topic

#41 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Right, it doesn't support compressed theWord modules yet, but it will in a later version. You can decompress them in theWord, otherwise they appear as blank in the iPad app.

#42 john putty

john putty

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLouisville

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

I have spent hours trying to find the pulpit commentaries for PocketSword, E-Sword HD, iBibleStudy for iPad. I purchased E-Sword HD for the Pulpit Commentary set alone, however, the commentary is not available among the repository for the iPad program. Any help would be greatly appreciated greatly. Thanks, Kevin

#43 john putty

john putty

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLouisville

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

By the way, I own the entire set in hard copy.

#44 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

For iBibleStudy HD, download the latest version in iTunes, which supports compressed files. 

Then download the Pulpit Commentary here. You can download the new version directly to your iPad and it will install automatically.

#45 john putty

john putty

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLouisville

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Thnx soooo much!!!

#46 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

I am having problems with the Pulpit Commentary and Lange's commentary. However, I did get Godet's in Luke to work. The Pulpit commentary downloaded through Safari and then gave me the option of opening a zip file. Although I selected that, it doesn't show up in iBible. Lange's commentary on the other hand was not zipped but was in theword file format installed in iBible but will not work. I emailed Samy, the developer and he said Lange's is encrypted and encrypted modules will not work. I got Lange's from theword Bible support website which is where I got the Pulpit commentary and Godet's.

#47 xt600

xt600

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

How do you get the Ibible HD to recognize the twm files?

#48 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

If you downloaded it via Safari to your iPad and then received the "open in iBible" button and you selected it, then it should have been installed into iBible. If it is a commentary, then it will show up on your list of commentaries after you select the commentary tab.

So far, I have not been able to download and install a zipped file into iBible. I think the unzip feature needs some work. There is a work around for it that I figured out though.

I attached a screen shot of iBible with the commentary list.

Attached Files

Edited by Jogirl, 25 February 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#49 JamieKerr

JamieKerr

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

What is the work-around? Thanks!

#50 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

Hi Jamie, There is more than one way to unzip a file and get it into iBible. If you use theword software, then a zipped module would have to be unzipped via Windows or some other way to get it to work within the Word software on the pc. Once it is on the pc, it can then thru iTunes files sharing be transferred to the iBible app when the ipad is connected to the pc and thru iTunes. I prefer using an iPad app than unzips a zipped file. I already had Goodreader on my iPad and it does many wonderful things. One of which is to unzip a file once I move it into Goodreader. After I unzip it, then I can move it to iBible. All on the same device! Also, you can email a file to your email address as an attachment and then open it on the iPad in iBible. That is, if it meets the size requirements of an email attachment. There are other apps which I know nothing of that can unzip on the iPad. Hope I have helped you, Jamie. God Bless

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users