Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword Macros

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 JSchell

JSchell

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

I have recently installed Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 10. When I click on Help in Word, it identifies Word as V14.

I downloaded the Word Macros for e-Sword. However, nothing shows up on the Word Add-Ins ribbon. If I click on Macros, I can see the Word Macros. I tried entering a reference and clicking on RUN next to the e-Sword Convert Macro, but nothing happens.

I would miss this capability in Word. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks

John

#12 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

hi try this http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html
you will find the macros for 2010

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#13 JSchell

JSchell

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Thanks, but that is the link I used to download the Word macros.

John

#14 Robert Louise Brennan

Robert Louise Brennan

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

same problem here. The Macros seem to install, but will not run. either no bibles in list or a funny error messages about checking permissions to the esword directory (which I already had in place.)
Hotkey seems to assume that the macros are installed though it tried add the 2002 macros not the 2010 for some reason on installation of hotkey

#15 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

Hotkey seems to assume that the macros are installed though it tried add the 2002 macros not the 2010 for some reason on installation of hotkey

I'm unclear on your comments about "Hotkey". I'm assuming you mean e-Sword HotKey.
Hotkey will not "try" to add any macros. Hotkey will use what ever macros YOU install. Is HotKey working for you or not, I'm unclear by your comments.

#16 Bigeagle

Bigeagle

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

Recently downloaded and installed e-sword on my windows 7 machine.

Installed macro for Word 2010.

However the macro does not show up on the add-ins ribbon bar.

I have followed several forums to try to fix it but couldn't do it.

Have made sure that e-sword.dot is checked in windows options.

Can someone please help me.  I would like to get some Bible studies going.

Thanks

Bigeagle

#17 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

I cannot answer your question directly.  I can make one suggestion, and that it to try the utility e-Sword Hotkey. This utility will give you ALL the functionality of the macros, plus it can lookup lists of multiple scripture references at one time and has several other modes besides editing for personal Bible study.  It works in Word just fine.  It also can work in any other word processing program, including PowerPoint, Notepad, Open Office, etc.  See the link to Hotkey below.  I can answer questions about Hotkey if you decide to try it and have any difficulty.  

Here is a comment by one user of Hotkey:

As an e-Sword user with Microsoft Word for a number of years, I used Rick Meyers' e-Sword Macros regularly. I finally dumped Microsoft a couple of years ago and went over to Open Office and then Libre Office. I love the free office programs but I sorely missed the e-Sword Macros. I just discovered HotKey a couple of weeks ago. It replaces everything that I ever did with e-Sword Macros and gives me even more. This is a fantastic program to use in congunction with any program that uses typing. I had tried HotKey some years ago and had difficulties with it's operation. BH has corrected all the difficulties that I had and has given us a fantastic utility for accessing Bible passages and e-Sword painlessly.

Besides that, the price is right!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users