Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Word macros not working on new install

3 replies to this topic

#1 jbutrip

jbutrip

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:18 PM

I've used e-Sword & Word for years, including the macros for Word.  I got another laptop, installed e-Sword, downloaded/installed the macros...they don't work. I have the "Add-ins" toolbar in Word, and there's a box where the macros should be, but it's blank.  If I hover the mouse over the box, the names of the macros show, but nothing happens when I click there. they're also in the list of macros in the "View" ribbon, but nothing happens when I select them & click "Run". 

I turned off antivirus & firewall & downloaded/installed again, but no change.

#2 Adam Olive

Adam Olive

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:52 PM

I fixed a similar problem by uninstalling Office 64-bit and then installing Office 32-bit.

If this works for you please let me know.

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationThe Land of the Long White Cloud

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:36 PM

I fixed a similar problem by uninstalling Office 64-bit and then installing Office 32-bit.

If this works for you please let me know.

It appears that the macros are written for the 32 bit edition of Microsoft Word, and so with that one would definitely have compatibility  issues if trying to run them in the 64 bit edition of Microsoft Word.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

#4 jbutrip

jbutrip

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:44 PM

No, that didn't work.

I did have the 64 bit version (don't know why).  I uninstalled it, then installed the 32 bit version.  The macros didn't work. I uninstalled them, downloaded and installed again--still don't work.

The suggestion made sense, but I don't think it was the answer.

I need to amend that.  The symbols on the icons are missing, but the buttons work. If I hover over them, the description pops up and I can click on them, then they work.

Edited by jbutrip, 16 March 2018 - 04:48 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users