Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Scripture memory tool

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BBowers

BBowers

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hello everyone; I just found this site this morning and am very excited about becoming more productive with E-Sword. I use the scripture memory tool and would like to know if there is any way I can print my memory verses so that I can refer to them when I am away from my computer?

Also, I need to often transfer verses from one file to another (within the scripture memory tool). Is there a way that I can do that without copying the verse to the new file and then deleting the original verse?

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hi, and welcome to Bible Support.

I don't know of a way to do either of your requests. The Scripture Memory Tool is one of the few places you cannot print in e-Sword, unfortunately.

#3 Mark Hauschild

Mark Hauschild

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

Has anyone yet asked Rick Meyers if he has planned on adding that function? I sent him an email asking about that ability to view the scripture in "paragraph form" instead of individual verse form and he replied the very next day saying that there is no way to view it in paragraph form. So I would imagine he would likewise respond rather quickly.

Just wondering because I recently found the "Memory Verse" tool and enjoy it very much as well and would love to be able to print my verse list out.

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

Has anyone yet asked Rick Meyers if he has planned on adding that function? I sent him an email asking about that ability to view the scripture in "paragraph form" instead of individual verse form and he replied the very next day saying that there is no way to view it in paragraph form. So I would imagine he would likewise respond rather quickly.

Just wondering because I recently found the "Memory Verse" tool and enjoy it very much as well and would love to be able to print my verse list out.

Hi Mark,
I take it that you're referring to the Bible View where Scriptures are displayed verse by verse.

The reason is that its displayed like that is because of the fact that within the Database bblx file the each verse is entered in its own Record. And because e-Sword is primarily a Database Reader, all it reads are the way the entries of the Records have been made.

In order for e-Sword to read verses of Scriptures as a paragraph, then those verses which make up a paragraph has to be made to be a single Record within the Database. So, take for example (currently a Bible module I'm working on for e-Sword), Isa 40:3-8, which is an actual paragraph, then all of those verses have to be entered in as 1 entry. If that is not the case, then what you see are 6 single Database Record entries, and its those which e-Sword displays.

I hope this information has helped you.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users