Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Iphone user- problem using scripture memorization

3 replies to this topic

#1 Holysorceror

Holysorceror

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 10:09 PM

Hi, I installed E-Sword as a recommendation from a friend who is an Android user. when he double clicks a reference verse, he is able to use the drop down menu to select the option to add the verse to the list for scripture memorization. when i attempt to do the same, the drop down menu lacks the option to do so. is this a missing feature? i have checked seemingly everywhere within the app attempting to rectify the issue to no avail.

#2 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 31 July 2023 - 12:27 AM

This scripture memorization option is not illustrated in features for the iPhone at

https://www.e-sword....ex.htm#features

Is this an option that could be provided for the iPhone? A query has been left on

https://www.e-sword....one/contact.htm

Not all varieties of e-Sword for all devices are the same – due to the limitations of facilities on the various operating systems. This is why there are separate versions of e-Sword for PC, e-Sword X for Mac, e-Sword HD for iPad, e-Sword for Android, and a separate version of e-Sword LT was created of e-Sword for the iPhone.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 31 July 2023 - 12:30 AM.

#3 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 31 July 2023 - 12:55 AM

Additional details, from the following link: http://www.biblesupport.com/topic/11826-how-to-delete-memory-verses-in-iphone/

In this forum entry, the following question 25 June 2023, includes a reply from modulist 25 June 2023 11:53 PM

Gentlemen, I cannot figure out how to save verses to memorize in my iPhone e-Sword LT app. In the tutorial section under the heading there are these instructions for saving memory verses:
Memorize will display the Memorize popover which you can use to add memory verses into your Memory Verses database.
I am using the most current version of e-Sword LT, but no such option comes up in my pop up menu when I hover over a verse or highlight text to be memorized. I only see the options: search web, search, copy, highlight, share.
What am I missing here? I cannot find any answers online anywhere to learn how to store any memory verses verses on this app using this or any other method (other than the suggestion of highlighting and tagging these verses, which seems to make the whole memory verse function unnecessary). This should be a very simple task, and, obviously, others seem to be able to do it without any problem. Could you please enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong? Thank you and richest blessings.

Answer from modulist:
The built-in tutorial seems to be a little outdated.
You have to double-tap the verse reference in the Bible view, that is, the green underlined part at the beginning of each verse. This brings up a pop-up menu. You will have to tap the right arrow in the menu to get to Memorize. From there you can select a category for your verse, and even include more adjacent verses if you like. After choosing a category, tap Done.

There are six screen shots for the iPhone at https://apps.apple.com/app/e-sword-lt/id634158738?platform=iphone The sixth screenshot illustrates the option for a Test of Scripture Memorization. The Scripture Memory feature was provided on Version 11.0, May 21. 2021.

HOW TO DELETE PART OR ALL OF ENTRY IN an existing memory verse entry.
Tap on the settings menu at the top left corner of the screen (it looks like three parallel lines). From the resulting list, tap Memory Verses. This will show the list of your memory verses. Now, slide your finger left on whichever verse you want to delete. If you slide your finger all the way, the verse will automatically be deleted. If you slide your finger part way, it will reveal a delete button that you can then tap to delete. Tap Done at the top left of the screen when you are done.

The developer of e-Sword for the iPhone, Rick Meyers's comment about this memorization feature for e-Sword LT for the iPhone, as at 2023-08-02, is as follows:

It looks like the two basic questions of adding verses and deleting verses have been answered correctly by other users.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 15 August 2023 - 02:26 AM.

#4 marcdoiron

marcdoiron

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2024 - 07:25 PM

I’m an iPhone user and when I double tap the green verse address it brings up options for only the following:
Bookmark, Copy, Highlight…and then, Note, Tag, Share.

Memory or Memorize is not present.

Help please

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users