Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to delete memory verses in iPhone?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Todd S

Todd S

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 September 2022 - 09:08 AM

Hi,

I need to clean up my memory verses in iPhone so I can start a new memory plan. I can't figure out how to delete what is there. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Todd

---God’s Love is a Verb:---

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son,

that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

#2 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 03 September 2022 - 09:45 AM

Tap on the settings menu at the top left corner of the screen (it looks like three parallel lines). From the resulting list, tap "Memory Verses." This will show the list of your memory verses. Now, slide your finger left on whichever verse you want to delete. If you slide your finger all the way, the verse will automatically be deleted. If you slide your finger part way, it will reveal a delete button that you can then tap to delete. Tap "Done" at the top left of the screen when you are done.

#3 Todd S

Todd S

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 September 2022 - 09:54 AM

Thank you

---God’s Love is a Verb:---

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son,

that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

#4 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 04 September 2022 - 08:34 AM

Hi,

I need to clean up my memory verses in iPhone so I can start a new memory plan. I can't figure out how to delete what is there. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Todd

Hi Todd S, thank you for your query. Rick Meyers, developer of the e-Sword LT for Bible Study with the iPhone has now also added the reply to his FAQ page for e-Sword for iPhone, on https://www.e-sword.net/iphone/faq.htm so that other users will also be able to find the answer which you received here from your friendly Bible Support volunteers.

#5 acjthai

acjthai

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationS.E. Asia

Posted 25 June 2023 - 05:50 AM

Gentlemen, I cannot figure out how to save verses to memorize in my iPhone e-Sword LT app. In the tutorial section under the “pop up” heading there are these instructions for saving memory verses: “ Memorize will display the Memorize popover which you can use to add memory verses into your Memory Verses database.” I am using the most current version of e-Sword LT, but no such option comes up in my pop up menu when I hover over a verse or highlight text to be memorized. I only see the options: "search web, search, copy, highlight, share." 

What am I missing here? I cannot find any answers online anywhere to learn how to store any memory verses verses on this app using this or any other method (other than the suggestion of highlighting and tagging these verses, which seems to make the whole memory verse function unnecessary). This should be a very simple task, and, obviously, others seem to be able to do it without any problem. Could you please enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong? Thank you and richest blessings.

#6 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 June 2023 - 03:53 PM

The built-in tutorial seems to be a little outdated. You have to double-tap the verse reference in the Bible view, that is, the green underlined part at the beginning of each verse. This brings up a pop-up menu. You will have to tap the right arrow in the menu to get to "Memorize." From there you can select a category for your verse, and even include more adjacent verses if you like. After choosing a category, tap "Done."

Hope this helps.

#7 acjthai

acjthai

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationS.E. Asia

Posted 25 June 2023 - 03:59 PM

Thank you SO much! I knew it had to be something very simple; but, I would have never sought to do it that way on my own. Blessings on you, brother! 

#8 markboyd22

markboyd22

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2024 - 07:32 AM

Hi,

Thanks

Todd

Did you succeed? Don't need help?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users