Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

eSword and Windows 8 - My Experience

2 replies to this topic

#1 alligoodw

alligoodw

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

First of all, I love eSword.

I installed eSword (10.0.05) on Windows 8 Developer's Preview. When I launch the program, I get the following error message:

TX Text Control
The designated text area is too small for the new format settings.

When this error box comes up, I hit the [enter]-key and the error comes up again. After hitting the [enter]-key 3 times, the program launches and works without a hitch.

I know Windows 8 is in development and isn't supported at this time. I just thought someone might be interested in my personal experience with eSword and Windows 8. If you've experienced this problem and know how to correct it, I would appreciate it if you would share your remedy.

Appreciate it!

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

e-Sword uses a third party text control, from textcontrol.com, for RTF editing and display. The e-Sword developer no longer codes the RTF functionality from scratch anymore. The developer just drops the control into the e-Sword app and uses the supplied properties and options. This issue will be resolved when the makers of the text control release a Windows 8 compatible control.

The new version of the module development tool, Tooltip, will also use the same text control for maximum compatibility with e-Sword.

josh

#3 alligoodw

alligoodw

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

e-Sword uses a third party text control, from textcontrol.com, for RTF editing and display. The e-Sword developer no longer codes the RTF functionality from scratch anymore. The developer just drops the control into the e-Sword app and uses the supplied properties and options. This issue will be resolved when the makers of the text control release a Windows 8 compatible control.

The new version of the module development tool, Tooltip, will also use the same text control for maximum compatibility with e-Sword.

josh

Confirmed. I suspected as much. I will continue using eSword as is and look forward to the update.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users