Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Install modules to eSword v13.0 on OS Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 20 December 2022 - 08:00 PM

I have sent a brief answer to this person using the Bible Support private SMS reply option.

I have expanded the options of how to process an "exe" file on a windows PC, when the security option blocks all files downloaded from another PC with the ".exe" file type. When the e-sword_1300_setup.exe file wants to download, the PC may look at it, and immediately delete it, because of the "exe" file type.

In all the years I've been using e-Sword (from about 2005 to current date, using Windows XP, 8 and 8.1, and all the iterations of 10) I've never, and I mean, never had an issue of any shape or form with both downloading and installing this program.

What I seem to have noticed in all these years those who have had these issues, besides being far and few inbetween, are those that are overly paranoid with more security and blockers on their system to where they made it impossible for themselves to just about to download anything. Moreover, what I seem to have also noticed, is that when it comes to all these OTT measures they have taken, and then when the system refuses to download something, they don't know how to get out of the pickle they put themselves in, and have this unrealitic expectation of others to fix their problem.

And if that is not the case, what it seems to be, is they have not made themselves to be the admimistrator of their system, and have no administrave priviledges. And if that isn't the case, then they have no idea of what they are doing, so are just blunbering and tripping over in the dark.

As a I said at the outset if this response:

In all the years I've been using e-Sword (from about 2006 to current date, using Windows XP, 8 and 8.1, and all the iterations of 10) I've never, and I mean, never had an issue of any shape or form with both downloading and installing this program.

This would also be true for the overwhelming majority users of e-Sword. And so when looking at the nature of the kind of issues that are experienced by the odd few, tends to beg the question of whether or not they know what they are doing.

Edited by APsit190, 20 December 2022 - 08:06 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#12 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 18 June 2023 - 09:25 PM

Security by Microsoft on download of files - information provided by How To Geek
https:// www.howtogeek.com/784498/downloading-microsoft-office-files-is-about-to-get-safer/ LINK here

https:// www.howtogeek.com/706392/how-to-enable-and-disable-macros-in-microsoft-office-365/ LINK here

#13 ConPkhm

ConPkhm

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 04:49 PM

Can the modules be installed to e-sword on iPad? 

#14 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 06:28 PM

Can the modules be installed to e-sword on iPad? 

You need to make sure they are the correct module format for Apple/Mac devices. All modules for use on Apple/Mac devices have file extensions that end in the letter "I" such as bbli for bibles, cmti for commentaries and dcti for dictionaries

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users