Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Main window - selected verse text in bold?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Diamond

Diamond

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 06:45 AM

I am wondering if I can make the entire text of a selected verse bold. 

Currently when selected, only the book, chapter and verse is bold face. 

It would make it easier for me to study and take notes on a specific verse if it were in bold face when selected.

This is how it currently displays...

Mat 5:8  Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. 

Mat 5:9  Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. 

Mat 5:10  Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 

I would like it to display like this...

Mat 5:9  Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. 

Mat 5:10  Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 

This would be for any version or translation. I really enjoy the KJV+ for my studies and having the selected verse in bold would be so helpful as I jump back and forth from the Study Notes Editor and Bibles.

Thanks

Edited by Diamond, 19 January 2024 - 11:42 AM.

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 12:22 PM

I am wondering if I can make the entire text of a selected verse bold. 

Currently when selected, only the book, chapter and verse is bold face. 

It would make it easier for me to study and take notes on a specific verse if it were in bold face when selected.

This is how it currently displays...

I would like it to display like this...

This would be for any version or translation. I really enjoy the KJV+ for my studies and having the selected verse in bold would be so helpful as I jump back and forth from the Study Notes Editor and Bibles.

Thanks

There is no way to place a verse in bold but you can use colored highlights for verses. When you highlight a verse with the mouse a small icon in the bible window becomes active this is the verse highlight tool. With these tool you can highlight a verse as if you were using a highlight marker. 

e-Swords with a markup file labeled Markup.ovlx you can open this file by clicking Bible from the e-Sword menu and then Markup File from the Bible drop down menu. Clicking Markup File will open the Markup File sub-menu from which you can open the existing Markup File to save your highlights or create your markup file by selecting New. The Markup File is where all of your verse marking will be saved

#3 Diamond

Diamond

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 01:57 PM

Thank you so much for the reply.

I think your idea is great for a work-around. I can select the verse, highlight it, do my study and then select the verse again and un-highlight it (which is actually highlighting it in white for anyone else reading this).

I appreciate you thinking outside the little box I presented in my post. Thanks!  :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users