Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

installing esword 13 on windows 11 over esword 12 did not work crash

11 replies to this topic

#1 rebornID

rebornID

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 10:07 PM

I tried to update esword 12.2 to 13 on windows 11.  My esword 12 disappeared (I think).
And, Esword 13 would not install. 
This is a relatively new laptop with i7 core 11 or 12th gen.

Please point me to helpful resources.

Thanks
Chuck

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 04:37 AM

https://www.e-sword.net/faq.html

Frequently Asked Questions

I JUST INSTALLED E-SWORD 13 AND IT WILL NOT START!

e-Sword 13 requires that the Windows Media Player is both installed and enabled. Instructions for doing so are available here: Get Windows Media Player

E-SWORD 13 DOESN'T RUN ON LINUX! NOW WHAT?

If you are unable to get the Windows Media Player installed under WINE, then the last stable version of e-Sword on LINUX is version 12.2 which you can download here:
e-Sword v12.2.0 Install    56.9 MB, UPDATED 08-28-2020

#3 KLC77

KLC77

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 01:18 AM

To whom it may concern;
E-Sword has stopped working and uninstalling and re-installing does not work. It has a severe dll issue that does not grant access to running the program. I've also downloaded and installed the TOOL KIT NT and that does not fix anything on Windows. The Windows app is busted. If you have it installed please do not uninstall and attempt to re-install it on Windows 10 & 11 because you will not regain access. In Windows you cannot do a simple manual dll fix . 

SCREENSHOT OF PROOF OF DLL ISSUE ATTACHED.  

Please fix the entire e-Sword app and update it ASAP. I once enjoyed this app and want to again. Please fix it. Thank You. 

KLC77

Attached Files

#4 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 01:22 AM

You need to send these issues to the developer at his site.

https://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

He does not communicate at this forum run by users of his program.

#5 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 09:31 AM

To whom it may concern;
E-Sword has stopped working and uninstalling and re-installing does not work. It has a severe dll issue that does not grant access to running the program. I've also downloaded and installed the TOOL KIT NT and that does not fix anything on Windows. The Windows app is busted. If you have it installed please do not uninstall and attempt to re-install it on Windows 10 & 11 because you will not regain access. In Windows you cannot do a simple manual dll fix . 

SCREENSHOT OF PROOF OF DLL ISSUE ATTACHED.  

Please fix the entire e-Sword app and update it ASAP. I once enjoyed this app and want to again. Please fix it. Thank You. 

KLC77

e-Sword 13 works fine

The dll file in question is a text control file installed with e-Sword Tooltip NT so you need to reinstall a new installation of Tooltip NT. 

Also a second reason that e-Sword 13 may not open is that requires Windows Media Player to be installed so the audio bible feature will work correctly 

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 17 August 2023 - 03:56 PM

e-Sword 13 works fine

The dll file in question is a text control file installed with e-Sword Tooltip NT so you need to reinstall a new installation of Tooltip NT. 

Also a second reason that e-Sword 13 may not open is that requires Windows Media Player to be installed so the audio bible feature will work correctly 

Hey Higgsy, If he has the "latest" version of T4, on Windows 11, and still has those issues, no matter what he does, he can't get any newer version of the program, simply because the latest/newest version was the last version.

I don't know if you heard the news that Brent Hilderbrand has gone to be with the Lord, as in he's dead. So, no more new editions of T4. That's it!

Now, unless someone who's got the programming skill set to create a comparable program to T4 written in e.g., C++ or C# or similar,  then eventually Tooltip Tool NT will become totally incompatible to Windows due to the fact that the components (classes) used will be out of date. And T4 will become (if not now starting to become) about as useful as hip-pockets on a t-shirt.

My suggestion is that if someone decides to take up this challenge to develop such a program, is to upload it on here with the source code, so that it can be it can be continually maintained by some members of this community. But my guess is that this will never happen, and just like many tools that were written for e-Sword, T4 will end up on the scrapheap due to lack of interest in taking up the project to keep it up to date.

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 04:05 PM

The person that should be developing a tool is Rick.

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 17 August 2023 - 04:34 PM

The person that should be developing a tool is Rick.

I agree.

That said, I reckon that if he does so, then I think it should be a premium product, and have a price of e.g., NZ$250.00 (US$148.15 (That's the current exchange rate from NZ currency to US currency)). I reckon that would be really worth it. And I would be more than willing to pay for such a program due to some of the resources on eStudySource being about the same price range, if not more.

I think I'm going to make a serious suggestion to Rick about this., and see what he says. And if he does reply, I'll bang it up on here.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 17 August 2023 - 04:37 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#9 PeanutGallery

PeanutGallery

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 05:21 PM

I think ToolTipTool NT 20190819 was the last stable app for windows; it works on Win7.

The problem is that I cannot find it listed anywhere on the web. If someone knows where the older versions are stored?

#10 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 09:20 PM

The last three versions of e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT are available here on BibleSupport.com from the same URL, including version 20190819

http://www.biblesupp...ws-environment/

ElderB

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users