Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Installing purchased PC modules onto Esword for Android

6 replies to this topic

#1 TraRene55

TraRene55

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2023 - 12:05 AM

I've been using Esword on my Windows laptop for several years and have many modules installed. I would like to use these modules on my Android tablets and mobile phones. Where can I find instructions on how to install these modules on Android devices?

#2 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 01 November 2023 - 01:10 AM

See the advice of Rick Meyers, who developed e-Sword for Android.

https://www.e-sword.net/android/faq.htm

#3 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 01 November 2023 - 10:56 AM

I've been using Esword on my Windows laptop for several years and have many modules installed. I would like to use these modules on my Android tablets and mobile phones. Where can I find instructions on how to install these modules on Android devices?

Before installing modules from the Windows version into the Android version they must be in the correct file format for the Android version. e-Sword for Android uses the same module file format that is used for the Apple/Mac versions of e-Sword. This is the file format with the extensions that end in the letter "i" which are as follows:

Bible (bbli)
Commentary (cmti)
Dictionary (dcti)
Bible Reading Plan (brpi).
Devotional (devi)
Reference Library (refi)
Topic File (refi)
Lexicon (lexi)

Modules for the Windows version have file extensions that end in the letter "x" as shown below:

Bible (bblx)
Commentary (cmtx)
Dictionary (dctx)
Bible Reading Plan (brpx)
Devotional (devx)
Topic (topx)
Harmony File (harx)
Maps/Graphics (mapx)

So if your modules have the Windows file extensions that will need to be converted to the Android/Apple/Mac format. This can be down by downloading the conversion utility from the official e-Sword website:

https://www.e-sword.net/extras.html

(The converter is located at the bottom of page linked above.}

Once you have the files converted you should upload them to a cloud drive such as Google Drive. Once they are uploaded to the cloud drive you can the download them to your Android device. After they are downloaded to your Android device you can then use the e-Sword for Android built in import function to add the modules to e-Sword for Android.

Edited by Tj Higgins, 01 November 2023 - 10:56 AM.

#4 ev_angeline7

ev_angeline7

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 10:49 AM

And is it likewise possible to convert from android version of the modules to PC version with the converter app?

Thank you

#5 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 10:59 AM

And is it likewise possible to convert from android version of the modules to PC version with the converter app?

Thank you

No you cannot do that but you can download the modules in the Windows version of e-Sword 

#6 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 03:02 PM

Thank you

If you have an Android e-Sword module such as a .BBLI Bible module, .CMTI Commentary module, etc. then they do not need to be converted to run on the current version of e-Sword for Windows PC.  Almost all of the modules will run very well.

ElderB

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 10 December 2023 - 11:27 PM

Thank you

If you have an Android e-Sword module such as a .BBLI Bible module, .CMTI Commentary module, etc. then they do not need to be converted to run on the current version of e-Sword for Windows PC.  Almost all of the modules will run very well.

ElderB

Just to add to what ElderB shared, watch the video below. This will give you a tad more information which, I believe, just might prove a teeny, tiny bit more helpful.

Blessings

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 10 December 2023 - 11:30 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users