Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 10.0.4 Released (Test Drive Version)

e-Sword 10 Reference Library

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#41 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

Are embedded pictures also supported now in cmtx files,

If the test with topx and refx files goes well, that functionality will be extended to other resource types that use RTF for presentation markup.

jonathon

#42 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

DSaw,
thanks for the "bookmark file" note.

QUESTION: now that pics can be placed right into a .topx module, can someone suggest some real world applications for hyperlinking to a file?

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#43 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

A real world application for hyperlinks? Sure,"Visit BibleSupport.com", which I put in all Topics I make. :)

#44 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

Noo! I mean - what kind of a "file" would a module builder hyperlink to? I understand "web page" and "email" and even "bookmark" - but why would a module builder hyperlink to a "file." I'm curious - and trying to learn as fast as I can.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#45 cbb1962

cbb1962

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

ok something happened. I created a new .topx file to test the image embedding. I didn't save it and quit e-Sword. Now all my Topx files aren't showing up except for the ones in the "My Documents/e-Sword" and I get this error
Posted Image

#46 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Hi ddt if you down loaded the zip file with the rtf and open it to see ?

can you up load it so i can see what you did?

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#47 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

If the test with topx and refx files goes well, that functionality will be extended to other resource types that use RTF for presentation markup.

jonathon

Just so we don't over-promise or raise expectations too high, Rick just said it "may" in the future. Not that it will.

#48 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

Noo! I mean - what kind of a "file" would a module builder hyperlink to? I understand "web page" and "email" and even "bookmark" - but why would a module builder hyperlink to a "file." I'm curious - and trying to learn as fast as I can.

Sorry, misunderstood you. I can't think of a practical use for link to file? You could like to a PDF, maybe? But then you run into all the obstacles of hardcoded paths or if its a relative path, getting the pdf into the right folder on the user's computer. I don't see it as very practical. I think it was just apart of the RTF control he added.

#49 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

--------------

Edited by DSaw, 31 October 2011 - 03:26 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#50 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

----

Edited by DSaw, 31 October 2011 - 03:27 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: e-Sword 10, Reference Library

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users