Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 10.0.4 Released (Test Drive Version)

e-Sword 10 Reference Library

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#21 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

Hello Josh,
Are embedded pictures also supported now in cmtx files, or just refx files? I am working on a mapx for the Bridgeway Bible Commentary and I do not want to continue if I will be able to embed the pictures in the commentary.
Thanks,
Peter

Cmtx files use the old RTF implementation so they do not (yet) support pictures. Only Refx and Topx files currently support pictures (because they use the new RTF implementation).

If the new implementation of RTF withstands the test of a million installs without many support issues, future versions may include pictures in commentaries.

Edited by Josh Bond, 28 October 2011 - 06:47 PM.

#22 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

HI I tried making a topic with picture in Tool Tip Tool and it works.

Cmt with images does not work when I tried it. Images in cmt and dict etc would be great.

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#23 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

@josh "The functionality is intended. This way the display order can be changed without using digits, spaces, etc."

It appears to rely on the table order...

So how do you change it?

It appears that converting a .topx to a .refx file fixes the ordering problem, but shouldn't the .topx files display in the same order as in the Editor pane when viewed in the Reference library? ;-)

Clint

I have now learned, sorting topics by database order will be reversed in the next release or two of e-Sword 10. We will return to the old sorting methodology: sorting alphabetically which requires the use of numbers, spaces etc. I will change my comments elsewhere so module makers are not mislead.

#24 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:55 PM

Hi,

Does topics only open in C:Program files - e-Sword folder?

Yes, you should put topics (except topics.topx) in your program files\e-Sword folder and view them through the Reference Library.

What belongs in C: drive or my documents

Files you can edit should be in your my documents\e-sword folder, as general rule that "works for everyone" regardless of Windows setup.

How many Gigs does v10 handle without getting slow or crashing?

I don't know. Try it and let us know. :) There shouldn't be any change to resource capacity of e-Sword. What may slow e-Sword down is if someone puts very large files into a topics file, instead of appropriately sized images.

Making modules - is it the same or different? I know that Topics can add pictures and what other files (Cmt, Dict, etc)?

Only topics can have pictures (and refx files, which are thecompressed/encrypted version of topics). Commentaries and dictionaries may include pictures in the future but not right now.

Making modules is essentially the same. Tooltip does not yet support images. Brent is reviewing his options to determine what he would like to do. For now, just make a topics file with Tooltip. Then use e-Sword to embed the pictures. That's a very easy work around.

#25 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

HI Josh but I just made a topic module with a picture using T3. You can add pictures in T3 as you edit your text.

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#26 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

HI Josh but I just made a topic module with a picture using T3. You can add pictures in T3 as you edit your text.

thanks

And the topic module displayed the image properly in e-Sword? That's news to me. Brent will be pleased if that's the case.

#27 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

------

Edited by DSaw, 31 October 2011 - 03:29 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#28 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

Ok how do you fix this

I must be missing something

The sort order will be fixed in the next release.

#29 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

does anyone know anything about inserting a hyperlink to a bookmark?

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#30 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

and in editor there is stacked toolbars with space to right can these be combined or hid by choice and the ruler also

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by DSaw, 28 October 2011 - 07:49 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: e-Sword 10, Reference Library

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users