Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 10.0.4 Released (Test Drive Version)

e-Sword 10 Reference Library

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#131 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

"Towns, Elmer....topx" has been emailed....

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#132 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

Let me reiterate: it appears to be inconsistent.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#133 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:31 PM

I looked at the RTF code of the file you sent me. The problem is the web address is surrounded by RTF code that changes the color and underlines the text. But there's no actual RTF specification of a hyperlink.

The hyperlinks that work properly (like your Exodus commentary for the expositor's bible) have the full RTF formatting of the link starting something like: field{\*\fldinst{ HYPERLINK

That's the technical explanation for what's happening. e-Sword 10 will consistently not render the web address without proper hyperlink formatting. Although it used to, apparently...

#134 Marvin

Marvin

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

I found my topic.topx file. Now how do I get back to the regular Topic files?

#135 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

I found my topic.topx file. Now how do I get back to the regular Topic files?

Hi,

Use can use the Reference Library to view your downloaded Topic Files. That way, you'll benefit from it's features and the new Extended Search functionality that's coming to the Reference Library.

Josh

#136 marbryan

marbryan

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

I've tried e-sword 10 and so far I really enjoy it. esp the sermonaudio.com part of it

#137 SpreadTheWord

SpreadTheWord

Resource Builder

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

The only time to convert to refx is if you have copyrighted content you want to secure or you have an image intensive resource that needs compression.

What if I want to make a resource into a REFX file just to keep someone else from changing it?

#138 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DSaw, 31 October 2011 - 03:19 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#139 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

What if I want to make a resource into a REFX file just to keep someone else from changing it?

Sure, that's one of the reasons Rick added the functionality. Unless someone tells me differently. :)

I didn't intend to say he shouldn't make a refx file unless xyz conditions are met. :o I was trying to say there was no need for that user to convert numerous topx into refx just for his personal viewing (which was an assumption on my part), because they view the same in the Reference Library. If you make a file and you want to distribute it without anyone making changes, refx is the ticket.

#140 Bobs

Bobs

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationPapamoa, New Zealand

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

A more mundane question, I use the e-sword macros for MS Word quite a bit, they don't seem to work with version 10, will there be new macros available?

I have the same problem - help - maros for MSWord one of the features I use most

Robert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: e-Sword 10, Reference Library

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users