Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 10.0.4 Released (Test Drive Version)

e-Sword 10 Reference Library

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#141 HisDisciple

HisDisciple

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:17 PM

I have 2 versions of the AMP bible. One is a legitimate, premium e-Sword module. The other one was improperly copied and not legitimate/official. This version does not display because it's not properly authorized. So if this is the case, you need to return to eStudySource or e-Sword.net (wherever you purchased it from), and download the official, authorized version so it will display properly.

I believe this is also the case with the other 2 premium modules you mention: NLT and MSG.

That addresses the issue... I will head over to eStudySource and download "official" releases of those Bibles.

BTW, thanks for the website and support. I absolutely love e-Sword and have used it for YEARS. I do wish there was an official MAC version, though. I've tried the Mac work-around, but it just doesn't have the same feel. We have ONE PC in our home, and it's just so we can use e-Sword :).

Would love to help out to give something back here. Just let me know.

Thanks again!
Phillip Williams
<>< Psalm 119:144b ><>

#142 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:21 PM

All,
As a result of my initial response to this version of e-Sword I thought, from the perspective of a user and a programmer, to give a decent critique to this program. I guess you could call it preliminary review.

By the looks of this version I get the impression that e-Sword is becoming a very major serious Bible Study program that one will be able to put in the category of Libronix and etc. The changes Rick has made in this version are well and truly welcome. The addition of the Book Reader seems to be a huge hit, and the changes made to the editors (Topic Note, Study Note, and Journal Editors) seem to be a huge hit.

e-Sword's Topic Note Editor

Having said that, I think that if this program is going to be a tool not just for the new Christian, but also for Bible College and Seminary students (of which it seems to the direction its going) then more capabilities must be to the editors, and in particular to the Topic Note Editor.

Although the capability to insert tables and images is great, yet I think that having the capability to insert them in a box (a graphic and table box) and where they can be made to be a certain size, and a caption inserted is also important. Another feature that is a must, which has to be added is for the text to be able to be wrapped around a table and/or image box.

Considering that topic notes can be converted to a Reference Book file, I think it would be great to have a button added to the editor's toolbar for that function.

The print capability could also be enhanced where the print dialog could have the added feature to print odd and even pages, and to print duplex pages where the printer has that capability. I think the Print dialog, rather than being just the basic system print dialog appearing could be specifically created along the lines of MS Word's print Dialog or Corel WordPerfect's Print Dialog, where these kind of print options are.

MS Word 2003 Print Dialog

WordPerfect12 Print Dialog

Some printers don't have that capability, where from the Printer Preference this option isn't there. Also, in some printers, where in the Printer Preference this option doesn't work properly when selected.

Finally, although the option to open an editor file, or to create an editor file is there when Ctrl and Left Click is used on the document interface, I think either toolbar buttons should be added, or that the file open and file new should be in the File menu.

Any thoughts to this post is welcome.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).

Edited by APsit190, 30 October 2011 - 06:23 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#143 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

Although the capability to insert tables and images is great, yet I think that having the capability to insert them in a box (a graphic and table box) and where they can be made to be a certain size, and a caption inserted is also important.

Good post and suggestions, I picked this paragraph because we already have this?

You can make a table, have a solid border around it, and insert an image into the table box. Is that what you mean? As for a caption, can't you add a final row to the table, insert text, and make the text smaller? Or put smaller text outside the table beneath it.

Another feature that is a must, which has to be added is for the text to be able to be wrapped around a table and/or image box.

This works for images. After you insert an image, double click the image to see the settings for whether/how/if text should be wrapped around the image.

#144 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

Hi,

Just upgraded to 10x, I have been working on a John Stevenson Genesis module within which there is alot of tables, tables I have spent alot of time creating due to 9x's inability to read pictures(a bit gutted at seeing 10x's abbility, but ive started creating it as a 9x modue so I will finish it as such). After installing 10x I started up e-sword only to find all those tables, previously perfectly centralised within the topx browser window, have shifted to the furthest left of the screen. In 9x one need only highlight the table and press the central button to shift the whole table into the center of the browsing window, this doesnt seem possible with 10x, and now my previously perfect looking module looks rather....... rubbish. Any help would be appreciated.

Tony.

The fact that the tables do not respond to the RTF center command is a bug in a third party piece of code. That delays the response time on this problem. There may be other things that can be done. Stay tuned. Sometimes we just have to wait...

And again, I personally would not invest time reformatting anything until we know more.

#145 Bobs

Bobs

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationPapamoa, New Zealand

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:29 AM

Is anyone else having trouble with their MS Word macro and the new version of esword?

Reinstalled macro, reinstalled ver 10, but had to revert back to old version 9.9.1 to get macro working

Robert

#146 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:21 AM

Hi all

This subject is of interest only to those who use non-English modules with special characters.

The way the Bible Search function works has changed in e-Sword 10. You may notice when you do a search with contains, a special character, it won't show up any hits. For example, if you have a Spanish Bible, try and search "mesías" or "Jerusalén" or "niño" and it will find no hits, while those words obviously are in the Bible. The same goes for the French "é" "è" and so on.

Up till now, you had to include the characters themselves in the Bible text (instead of RTF characters). Now the text typed in the Search box is converted to RTF, so the text in the Bible must be codified in standard RTF.

The bad part is that you probably need to update your user-built modules if searching doesn't work.

The good part is that you can now use T3 to build your modules and they will work fine.

Regards,

Carlos

#147 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:02 AM

Hi i tried to open my topics by pressing control , right click - i get error can not open can any body help

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#148 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:29 AM

hi i did exactly that I try to open a topic from my documents e-Sword folder but it said

OK I opened editable Topics that is not locked. I could not open Lewis Sperry Chafer
SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY in my documents e-Sword folder or on my memory stick. So I copied to my c:Program files e-Sword folder and it opened.

I just would like to know why it did not open from my memory stick or from my Doc e-Sword folder?

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#149 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:39 AM

Chafer's Systematic Theology is a premium module. Even though it has the .topx suffix, it will only open in the Reference viewer. All premium .topx files will now only open in the Reference Viewer.

eS10 .topx are intended to be used for editing personal information. The Reference Viewer is intended to be used for reading/study. Since the premium modules are non-editable, they cannot be opened in the .topx Editor.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#150 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:00 AM

HI so do you mean that I have to have the module in C:Program files e-Sword folder not my documents?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: e-Sword 10, Reference Library

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users