Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 10.0.4 Released (Test Drive Version)

e-Sword 10 Reference Library

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#111 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

The NET commentary (NETNotes.cmtx - 19.0 MB) and Windows 7 Professional.

For example: 1Peter 4:1 With the TSK commentary (8.06 MB) F12 to verse 2 is practically instantaneous <1 second

1Peter 4:1 With the NET commentary, it takes 13 seconds to move to verse 2.

Interestingly it takes 12 seconds to switch commentary tabs from the TSK to the NET

I can confirm, using the NET commentary is very very slow in V10. It is very slow to change verses, it is slow to simply select the NET tab. And it seems unique to the NET commentary.

#112 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

-----------------------------------------------------

Edited by DSaw, 31 October 2011 - 03:20 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#113 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

To the previous comment by rictrician, in the Editor window, press and hold the Ctrl key, and right click. A context menu will appear where you can select your prior Topics files. I had this question initially also, and I also see that it has been mentioned several times here in the forums. A button in the Editor that would open this context menu would be nice. I suspect this question will arise often.

where is my topic.topx in topics. It is not there anymore and all of my personal notes are gone. Be blessed. I look forward to the awesome changes in esword

The design intent was for users to use the Reference Library to view (downloaded) topics files. The Editors/Topics window should now be used to view "personal" topics files--the ones you may write yourself in your topical studies. These are now stored in topics.topx.

Of course, the "e-Sword police" won't get you if you do. :) But it will keep you from enjoying the Reference Library features. This will become more evident when the Extended Search comes to the Reference Library. Sadly, I was a little slow to "get that" at first until I understood the design intent behind the features.

#114 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:35 PM

Yes, changing verses is slow in with Net Commentary open.

Seems considerably slower starting up from scratch as well.

Slower than 9 makes me wonder if I shouldn't stay with 9 it was slow enough all by itself :-)

Edited by exscentric, 30 October 2011 - 12:36 PM.

#115 hendo1986

hendo1986

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCrieff, Scotland.

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

Hi,

Just upgraded to 10x, I have been working on a John Stevenson Genesis module within which there is alot of tables, tables I have spent alot of time creating due to 9x's inability to read pictures(a bit gutted at seeing 10x's abbility, but ive started creating it as a 9x modue so I will finish it as such). After installing 10x I started up e-sword only to find all those tables, previously perfectly centralised within the topx browser window, have shifted to the furthest left of the screen. In 9x one need only highlight the table and press the central button to shift the whole table into the center of the browsing window, this doesnt seem possible with 10x, and now my previously perfect looking module looks rather....... rubbish. Any help would be appreciated.

Tony.

#116 rictrician

rictrician

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMountain View Arkansas (USA)

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

I uninstalled esword 9.8 and did a fresh install of esword 10 and it solved all of my problems. Everything was as it should be.
Dead in Christ ricky j younger

#117 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

Yes, changing verses is slow in with Net Commentary open.

Seems considerably slower starting up from scratch as well.

Slower than 9 makes me wonder if I shouldn't stay with 9 it was slow enough all by itself :-)

If someone would please send me a copy of the NET commentary you're having an issue with, I'll look at it: josh@mrbond.com. I think I remember there's a paid and free version. Which one are you guys have issues with? It could be an indexing issue with the commentary itself, since the problem only applies to the net commentary.

#118 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:05 PM

Hi,

Just upgraded to 10x, I have been working on a John Stevenson Genesis module within which there is alot of tables, tables I have spent alot of time creating due to 9x's inability to read pictures(a bit gutted at seeing 10x's abbility, but ive started creating it as a 9x modue so I will finish it as such). After installing 10x I started up e-sword only to find all those tables, previously perfectly centralised within the topx browser window, have shifted to the furthest left of the screen. In 9x one need only highlight the table and press the central button to shift the whole table into the center of the browsing window, this doesnt seem possible with 10x, and now my previously perfect looking module looks rather....... rubbish. Any help would be appreciated.

Tony.

Don't worry, one way or another we can resolve this.

The easy way first: In e-Sword 10, select the entire table--every field, column, and row. Now right click and at the bottom of the menu, there should be a "Table" option. There you can adjust the table centering, width, and formatting.

#119 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

Ok, the control in e-Sword 10 doesn't support centering of tables, as far as I can tell. The modules I've created with tables are also left aligned in e-Sword 10. The RTF control seems to be ignoring the command to center. I'll ask about this.

#120 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:58 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DSaw, 31 October 2011 - 03:21 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: e-Sword 10, Reference Library

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users