You could see if CCleaner would identify registry entries after an uninstall and delete only those entries pertaining to e-Sword. Be careful with that program however if you don't know how to use it. I see your last picture has the dropbox for location, can you manually change that back to default location? Personally, I like to leave that type option default unless you have an unusual requirement for a special need.
I agree with Steve here on this, but would recommend the following:
- If you don't have it, download and install CCleaner. There is a "free" version which I use as it sufficient for my needs. But if you want to have the fully paid version, that's up to you
- Uninstall e-Sword, and delete any or all resources
- Run Cleaner, and then do the following:
- Considering that this will be the first run of Cleaner, In default page (that which open when Cleaner is run), click on the Analyze button, and then after that process is completed, click on the Run Cleaner Button.
- That now completed, click on the Registry tab
- In the Registry Cleaner Page, click on the Scan for Issues Button
- Once this has been completed, click on the Fix selected Issues... button, and a Message Box will appear asking you if you wish to back up the registry before making changes. Click the Yes button, and in the Save As dialog, select or create a folder to where you want to save and click the Save button.
- Once you have done that, a Dialog window will pop up asking you to either fix the issue, or fix all the issues. Click on the Fix all Selected Issues button.
- Once all the cleaning has been done, exit CCleaner, and restart your computer.
- Once your computer is rebooted, and you have logged in and etc., do a fresh and clean install of e-Sword. This will also install the default resource files.
- Before starting e-Sword, open Windows File Exploder (oops, I mean Explorer)and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword, and check to see if the default resource files are there.
- If everything looks kosher, then run e-Sword.
Considering I haven't had problem that you are, then I trust this will work out for you.
Edited by APsit190, 23 June 2019 - 06:28 PM.