Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

change language

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ppmontalvo

ppmontalvo

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:54 PM

Hi! How I can change language?

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:31 PM

click on options left by download and language.

And the names of the Bible-books changing.

If you still have trouble: click on help and reset e-Sword settings.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 Queen_AdiYah

Queen_AdiYah

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2023 - 06:41 PM

Shalom. I am trying to change the language from English to Hebrew for the Books of the Torah and so forth. i.e. Genesis displayed as Bereshiyth and Deuteronomy as Deveriym, etc.  I am unable to see Hebrew listed in the languages. I only want the names of the book changed. Todah in advance.

#4 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 04 November 2023 - 11:26 PM

You  need to make a suggestion there:

https://e-sword.net/feedback.html

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#5 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 08 November 2023 - 10:49 AM

Shalom. I am trying to change the language from English to Hebrew for the Books of the Torah and so forth. i.e. Genesis displayed as Bereshiyth and Deuteronomy as Deveriym, etc. I am unable to see Hebrew listed in the languages. I only want the names of the book changed. Todah in advance.

You can open e-Sword for windows, for example, and select "Downloads", "Bibles", and browse down to "Hebrew". Here you will find various options to download translations of the Old Testament, and the New Testament, into Hebrew.

You can purchase a recently printed copy of the Holy Bible in Hebrew - all the books will be listed in Hebrew.

When you purchase a recent copy of the Holy Bible translated from Hebrew into English, then when you open that Holy Bible on your Reading Desk, then you will probably see the names of the books of the Scriptures listed at the top of the pages, in both English and in the Hebrew language. There will probably be lists of the names of the books in each section into which the books inside the Holy Bible, have been divided and printed. Some of these contents will be printed in the Protestant ordering of the contents - others will provide the books in the Hebrew Order. The Index at the beginning of the Bible will provide a quick method to enable you to quickly turn to the correct page number.

Meanwhile, I have made a suggestion to Rick Meyers <rick@e-sword.net>
for Hebrew to be listed in e-Sword for Windows, for a later version of e-Sword after version 13.0.0, so that the names of the books will be listed in Latin letters, translated from Hebrew, when one searches for the names of a book of the Bible, irrespective of the language of the contents of the version which we have selected. At present "Hebrew" is not one of the languages for which provision has been made by Rick Meyers, who develops e-Sword for Bible Study purposes.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 08 November 2023 - 10:52 AM.

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 08 November 2023 - 06:29 PM

Hmmm, I wonder if there could be a language interpreter added into e-Sword for speaking in tongues. Strictly for Pentecostal use only.

ROFL.gif

Ya just gotta really love it.

Nuke Emoji.gif

Imagine the fallout.

Woohoo.gif

Well, God love yas all.
Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 26 November 2023 - 01:21 PM

Shalom. I am trying to change the language from English to Hebrew for the Books of the Torah and so forth. i.e. Genesis displayed as Bereshiyth and Deuteronomy as Deveriym, etc.  I am unable to see Hebrew listed in the languages. I only want the names of the book changed. Todah in advance.

You can use https://www.biblegateway.com  and search for the passage, for example 

Gen 1:1 and select the Bible, for example The Westminster Leningrad Codex (WLC)

and the result is seen as 

[I am not allowed to paste into this community]

Then to translate use bing translate hebrew english

and enter the word  בראשית

and the translation into English, will be provided, genesis.

It seems that you are trying to use a transliteration into Latin letters, not a translation. 

I suggest you make a suggestion to Rick Meyers, and ask about the possibility to get your version of e-Sword to speak in tongues in a way that you can actually read the name in letters transliterated into English letters, from the Latin alphabet, instead of in Hebrew letters - if you have not taught your eyes how to read the Hebrew letters and translate what you read into sounds that your tongue can pronounce, when you search for the Book of the Bible when you enter the English reference of the book, chapter and verse number. At present "Hebrew" is not one of the Bible languages mentioned if you have loaded e-Sword in English. 

You can use Bible Gateway to find the book and the relative chapter and verse in the Hebrew Bible, when you enter the reference in English, and the result is okay in Hebrew. 

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users