Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Disable change language on verse click

4 replies to this topic

#1 wise_mike

wise_mike

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2023 - 04:21 PM

I have v.13 on Win 10.

Whenever I click on Hebrew or Arabic verses to copy or something, it automatically change my keyboard to write (the rlt language installed in my Win).  How can I disable that? And always let they keyboard write English in e-sword?

#2 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 24 July 2023 - 10:58 PM

I have v.13 on Win 10.

Whenever I click on Hebrew or Arabic verses to copy or something, it automatically change my keyboard to write (the rlt language installed in my Win). How can I disable that? And always let they keyboard write English in e-sword?

Hello wise_mike, you want to be able to Manage the input and display language settings in Windows. I have sent a query to Rick Meyers, as to whether this is built into e-Sword, or is rather something that you need to arrange between you and your browser, and the PC. Meanwhile, here is some information from Microsoft.

This link to support.microsoft on the subject: Manage the input and display language settings in windows, provides options for both Windows 11, and Windows 10, as last updated by Microsoft 2022-12-13. You need to be able to change the touch keyboard display on screen, and also the display keyboard, according to the language that you want them to display. Because these languages do not write From Left to Right, but From Right to Left, it will be easier to write your message in a paragraph that has its own paragraph setup details. Then you can write in the language in which the document occurs. And provide a section where you can copy some text from another language into your document.
I suggest that before you copy the quote, you first make some blank paragraphs, with the "Enter" key. Then back up to an empty paragraph, and then paste your quote there.
You might find it easier to set up the screen width, so that you can copy the other language as a picture, which is not too wide. The PC or the app you are writing in, and the one that your recipient will be using, may not have the relevant language and installed font, in the application they use to read what you have written. They may even be using a totally different type of browser, to read your message.
Then, after your message, you can easily browse your pointer further down, to one of the later blank paragraphs, which you had prepared, and which will be in a paragraph, which you had previously set up in the English language format in which you were previously writing.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/manage-the-input-and-display-language-settings-in-windows-12a10cb4-8626-9b77-0ccb-5013e0c7c7a2

Please let us know if this suggestion helps you get over the problem.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 25 July 2023 - 08:05 PM.

#3 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 02:13 AM

Right click on the language tray icon (if you have it displayed), and unselect "Auto Adjust"

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 25 July 2023 - 06:03 AM

Hello wise_mike, you want to be able to Manage the input and display language settings in Windows. I have sent a query to Rick Meyers, as to whether this is built into e-Sword, or is rather something that you need to arrange between you and your browser, and the PC. Meanwhile, here is some information from Microsoft. 

This link provides options for both Windows 11, and Windows 10, as last published 2022-12-13. You need to be able to change the touch keyboard display on screen, and also the display keyboard, according to the language that you want them to display.  Then you can write in the language in which the document occurs, even though you may have copied some text from another language into your document.

I suggest that before you copy the quote, you first make some blank paragraphs, with the "Enter" key, then back up to an enpty paragraph, and paste your quote there. Then you can easily browse your pointer down to the later blank paragraph, [after the quoted other language paragraph], which you had previously set up in the original language format in which yu were previously writing.

Please let us know if this suggestion helps you get over the problem.

That one won't

Right click on the language tray icon (if you have it displayed), and unselect "Auto Adjust"

This one will.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 25 July 2023 - 09:15 PM

Here is the reply received from Rick Meyers, the developer of e-Sword for the PC.
Olaf,

They probably need to rearrange keyboard priority and/or remove keyboards they do not want displayed. Microsoft has instructions for all those various keyboard language issues here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/manage-the-input-and-display-language-settings-in-windows-12a10cb4-8626-9b77-0ccb-5013e0c7c7a2

In His service,

Rick Meyers
rick@e-sword.net

Tue 2023-07-25 16:01

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 25 July 2023 - 09:33 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users