Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Easy Install and Run e-sword on linux using Crossover, wine.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 silverys

silverys

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCaribbean Sea

Posted 02 October 2023 - 03:41 PM

Hello

Here I leave you a bottle of crossover, which has e-sword 11.2.2 installed for execution on a Linux system.

Use:
1.Download and install crossover
2. Download "e-sword1122_for_crossover.cxarchive"

link:

https://mega.nz/file...i_ByQXwWZJvBqWI

3. Open Crossover, go to: "Bottle" menu, clic "Import Bottle Archive" and select the bottle archive previously downloaded

4. Run e-sword

e-sword version: 11.2.2
test & regular used in: Crossover 21.0.0

#2 jahhouse.com

jahhouse.com

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 12:16 AM

I currently use e-Sword on Devuan Linux (Chimaera as the current release does not run PlayOnLinux). I downloaded your file for possible future use. Thanks for sharing!

Just as a note for those who may know how to do the following, an appimage of various versions of e-Sword, packaged with their respective dependencies, and versions of Wine should work. I do not know how to do this, but I have recently learned that it is possible. This should make it possible to run e-Sword on pretty much any Linux. This should be done. I myself am running e-Sword 9.9 with all my collected e-Sword files over the years. As noted I use PlayOnLinux, but development has stopped and so now it is broken on the latest versions of various Linuxes.

Even if you do not know how to do this, please spread the word, and plead to developers who might be able to do this.

Edited by jahhouse.com, 16 November 2023 - 12:18 AM.

#3 PeanutGallery

PeanutGallery

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 06:30 AM

... As noted I use PlayOnLinux, but development has stopped and so now it is broken on the latest versions of various Linuxes....

Oh, that's what happened? I just upgraded to a new version of Debian based Linux and POL received multiple errors, so I had to use Wine, winecfg,and winetricks to install e-Sword v.11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users