Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

BIBi Morphology not working in iPhone

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Todd S

Todd S

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 November 2023 - 05:59 AM

BIBi morphology not working in iphone. I have the dictionary installed and Bibi installed. I am able to click on the strong's number and get a lookup because it is linked but the verbs, nouns, conj reference is not hyperlinked and I am not able to click on those to get a look. Am I missing a file?

---God’s Love is a Verb:---

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son,

that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 08 November 2023 - 05:24 PM

BIBi morphology not working in iphone. I have the dictionary installed and Bibi installed. I am able to click on the strong's number and get a lookup because it is linked but the verbs, nouns, conj reference is not hyperlinked and I am not able to click on those to get a look. Am I missing a file?

What is the bbli translation or language you are referring to where the morphy thingy isn't working?

Another thing, Tod, its bbli for iOS, Mac, and Android devices. Not bibi.

Just had a thought: If you changed the file extension from bbli to bibi, that just might be the reason why the morphy isn't working. Just don't ask me why I had a thought like that, as I haven't got a clue.

Blessings,

Me!

Big_Hug.gif

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 November 2023 - 10:06 PM

Todd S,

Unfortunately, it may just be an issue with the capabilities or screen size or differences in the e-Sword application programming for an Apple iPhone.  I'll try to attach a screenshot of how it works on a Windows PC.  If I click on the blue morphology text, such as on V-PPA-GMP in Luke 24:41, then in the Dictionaries window, the Berean dictionary tab shows the blue icon indicating that it has related information, and displays the relevant information below when I click on the Berean tab.  There is no popup window involved for the morphology, so it is a very different type of response than when I hover over the Strong's number (also shown on the screenshot). Do you have other Bibles where the morphology works as desired for you on the iPhone?  If yes, then if you let me know which Bible(s), I will see if I can figure something out.  Since I don't have an iPhone, my abilities to figure something out are limited.

ElderB

Attached Files

#4 Todd S

Todd S

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 November 2023 - 06:40 AM

What is the bbli translation or language you are referring to where the morphy thingy isn't working?

Just had a thought: If you changed the file extension from bbli to bibi, that just might be the reason why the morphy isn't working. Just don't ask me why I had a thought like that, as I haven't got a clue.

Blessings,

Me!

I have the BIB+ and the BIB++ installed. I didn't change the file extension:) I just wrote it down in the post wrong. 

http://www.biblesupp...ransilteration/

I also have the Greek New Testament (Interlinear) w/ Strong's Numbers installed which the parts of speech letters are linked and work. This is the one that can be installed right from e-sword itself. I like the Berean a little better.

Thanks

Edited by Todd S, 09 November 2023 - 06:41 AM.

#5 Todd S

Todd S

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 November 2023 - 06:43 AM

Todd S,

Unfortunately, it may just be an issue with the capabilities or screen size or differences in the e-Sword application programming for an Apple iPhone.  I'll try to attach a screenshot of how it works on a Windows PC.  If I click on the blue morphology text, such as on V-PPA-GMP in Luke 24:41, then in the Dictionaries window, the Berean dictionary tab shows the blue icon indicating that it has related information, and displays the relevant information below when I click on the Berean tab.  There is no popup window involved for the morphology, so it is a very different type of response than when I hover over the Strong's number (also shown on the screenshot). Do you have other Bibles where the morphology works as desired for you on the iPhone?  If yes, then if you let me know which Bible(s), I will see if I can figure something out.  Since I don't have an iPhone, my abilities to figure something out are limited.

ElderB

Todd S,

Do you have other Bibles where the morphology works as desired for you on the iPhone?  If yes, then if you let me know which Bible(s), I will see if I can figure something out.  Since I don't have an iPhone, my abilities to figure something out are limited.

Yes I have the Greek New Testament (Interlinear) w/ Strong's Numbers installed which the parts of speech letters are linked and work. This is the one that can be installed right from e-sword itself. I like the Berean a little better.

Thanks

Todd

#6 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 November 2023 - 01:16 AM

Yes I have the Greek New Testament (Interlinear) w/ Strong's Numbers installed which the parts of speech letters are linked and work. This is the one that can be installed right from e-sword itself. I like the Berean a little better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Todd,

The Greek New Testament (Interlinear) w/Strong's Numbers uses the Robinson's Morphological Analysis Codes (i.e. RMAC) for the morphology.  This has a significant advantage in that the RMAC dictionary module is the eSword default module for looking up morphology codes, which in recent html modules are identified by the html tag pairs of <tvm> and </tvm>.

For example: <tvm>V-AAI-3S</tvm>. 

If a morphology code is placed between these tags, then eSword will automatically use a certain blue font color and a certain smaller font size and look up that morphology code in the RMAC dictionary.  If eSword successfully finds that morphology code in the RMAC dictionary, then you are in luck and can get a popup of the appropriate entry from the RMAC dictionary module, just by hovering over top of the morphology code.

If a Bible module doesn't place the morphology codes between <tvm> and </tvm> tags, or if a Bible module uses morphology codes that aren't found in the RMAC dictionary module, then you will not get a popup.

If serious about all of this, one could create their own RMAC dictionary module and add their morphology codes and overwrite the default RMAC dictionary module (which is downloadable for free from within eSword) with their morphology module of the same RMAC filename.  Morphology codes have to follow certain rules to be properly identified.  For instance, the dash character - can be used, but the period character . cannot be used successfully.

It would be much easier if all eSword Bible modules with morphology codes used the RMAC codes, but that is not the case.

ElderB

#7 Todd S

Todd S

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 November 2023 - 11:08 PM

That particular file works fine as is on iphone. The Greek New Testament (Interlinear) w/Strong's Numbers and RMAC. I was wanting the Berean Int bible morphology to display on the iphone. It doesn't. Works great on PC though. But at least the Greek Intl that comes with esword morph links work. It is sufficient. Thanks

Edited by Todd S, 10 November 2023 - 11:10 PM.

#8 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 November 2023 - 12:24 AM

That particular file works fine as is on iphone. The Greek New Testament (Interlinear) w/Strong's Numbers and RMAC. I was wanting the Berean Int bible morphology to display on the iphone. It doesn't. Works great on PC though. But at least the Greek Intl that comes with esword morph links work. It is sufficient. Thanks

Todd,

Unfortunately most of the morphology codes in the Berean BIBi Interlinear module are not compliant with RMAC morphology codes.  A few of the morphology codes may be the same in both, such as Prep, Conj, Adv, and those few morphology codes may display as desired.

ElderB

#9 Todd S

Todd S

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 06:49 AM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If eSword successfully finds that morphology code in the RMAC dictionary, then you are in luck and can get a popup of the appropriate entry from the RMAC dictionary module, just by hovering over top of the morphology code.

If a Bible module doesn't place the morphology codes between <tvm> and </tvm> tags, or if a Bible module uses morphology codes that aren't found in the RMAC dictionary module, then you will not get a popup.

ElderB

Thanks for the explanation.

Todd

#10 ElderB

ElderB

e-Sword Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 01:12 PM

Thanks for the explanation.

Todd

Todd, in addition, it appears to me that e-Sword for Android doesn't like lower case letters when searching for default RMAC morphology codes to popup.  For instance, my e-Sword for Windows PC can search for an RMAC code to popup such as "Adv", but e-Sword for Android doesn't want to search for that same default RMAC code, unless I change the RMAC code in the Bible module to upper case:  "ADV".  I can't speak for the various versions of e-Sword for Apple products, but possibly those may have a similar constraint.

ElderB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users