Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Can't get newly downloaded bibles to come up in parralel view?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Blessedeyes

Blessedeyes

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

When I click on the box, the only bible options that come up are the kjv and the kjv+?  I have two other Bibles that i would like to parallel with, what should I do?  I had it working before somehow but can't remember.  I've looked at the tutorial and they just show it working naturally.

#2 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

It would help to know the OS we are working with.  In  Windows Version 11.1.0, when you select Parallel, there are 8 slots showing at the top of the screen, 

On the right-hand side of each slot is a downward pointing arrow, clicking on the arrow drops a window that allows you to scroll to and select any of the translations you want in that position.  

I have no idea if the IOS versions are the same, though I think it probable that they are.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#3 Blessedeyes

Blessedeyes

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:26 AM

I am using windows 10.  When I select the downward arrow, the only translations that come up are kjv and kjv+.

#4 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:22 AM

By options click on resource and compare and "select all".

If you use e-Sword 10 then working only the RTF based modules (not apple HTM modules). download e-Sword 11 instead.

Edited by Katoog, 02 January 2018 - 02:26 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#5 Blessedeyes

Blessedeyes

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:35 AM

I already have it selected.  I have the latest E-sword installed from their website, is that 11?  I downloaded it today.

#6 Blessedeyes

Blessedeyes

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:46 AM

Im trying to the luther 1912 Bible to work, I can get the Luther 1912+ to work, but not the other one, I had it working last week before I reset my computer but I don't know what is wrong.

#7 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:40 AM

Luther 1912 is called "German LB" in the e-Sword 11 version (it is not the same file as old e-Sword 10 version).

And am unaware of a Luther 1912+ version (with Strong's numbers) for e-Sword. Are you sure that it is not a MySword version?

Edited by Katoog, 02 January 2018 - 04:45 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users