Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Downloaded Worrell translation but can't open it in E-Sword

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 William Wilson

William Wilson

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 02:08 PM

I downloaded the Worrell New Testament translation into my PC and the file looks like it is there. However I try an open it and it tries to open it in Word which I can't read. I also have E-Sword but it doesn't show up there or open within E-Sword. What am I missing here? It looks like a nice translation but if I can't get to it, it does me no good.

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 06:26 PM

I downloaded the Worrell New Testament translation into my PC and the file looks like it is there. However I try an open it and it tries to open it in Word which I can't read. I also have E-Sword but it doesn't show up there or open within E-Sword. What am I missing here? It looks like a nice translation but if I can't get to it, it does me no good.

Make sure the module has been installed into your e-Sword folder in Program Files(x86)

If it installed then follow the steps below:

in e-Sword click options to open the options menu
From the options menu click Resource Settings to open the resource settings window.
The Resource Settings window has multiple tabs for each type of module that can be installed into e-Sword
The Window opens with the BIbles tab selected by default, scroll down the list of Bible and find the Worell New Testament.
To the left of the modules name there will be check box if it is not checked, check to make the bible appear in e-Sword

#3 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 20 August 2023 - 01:54 AM

The Worrell New Testament for e-Sword has been provided by Bible Support at the following link:

http://www.biblesupp...anslation-1904/

This was submitted by BaptizedBeliever Jan 11 2012, and was last updated Dec 24 2021, with the upload of the module that had been converted to run on the Mac and on e-Sword version 11 version for Windows.

There are two download files provided. Please notice that there is a space before the period that identified the file type “.bblx” in the filename. I recommend that you remove the space before the period in the filename before you download the file.

[1] Worrell New Testament (1904) by Adolphus S. Worrell (1831-1908) .bblx          2.53MB

[2] worrell_new_testament_1904_by_adolphus_s_worrell_1831-1908_.bbli            2.57MB

On 2023-08-20 I checked and the download list confirms that William Wilson is listed as having accessed the correct download option. 

I also tested both types of downloads, after removing the blank space before the period in the file names. Both load okay to e-Sword version 12.2.0 running on Windows. As expected, only ONE of these modules can be applicable in the folder, at the same time, because both use the same Tab name. 

The Bible Tab is “WAS” and this is listed just before the entry for the Wycliffe Bible, not in alphabetical order. The tab names are in the alpha-numerical names of the module, and are not sorted into the spelling order of the Tab entries.

The WAS Information identifies this as:
Worrell New Testament (1904)

by Adolphus S. Worrell (1831-1908)

Louisville, Kentucky: A.S. Worrell, 1904.

Reprinted by the American Baptist Publication Society (Philadelphia, 1907).

Download options: The first *.bblx option is applicable to users using older versions of e-Sword for Windows. The second *.bbli option is applicable to users of e-Sword for all recent versions of e-Sword. This includes e-Sword for Windows (e-Sword versions 11, 12, 13), e-Sword X for Mac, e-Sword HD for iPad, e-Sword LT for iPhone, and e-Sword for Android.

I recommend that you look at your downloaded files again. Select the *.bbli version, and remove the space or underscore before the period in the file name which shows the file type. Then before you arrange to move the file to the folder where your device processes e-Sword modules, remove the previous "worrell*" downloaded file in C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword folder or wherever you have your e-Sword Resources.
If you use the utility application provided by Bible Support Module Installer and have downloaded and installed that, this does help a user to copy the downloaded module correctly to the folder where you have set up e-Sword to read the e-Sword Resources Location for the latest files. I used this after I had removed the space before the period in the filenames, and this worked okay on both versions of the download options.
Did you remember to re-start e-Sword after the file was copied to the required folder? 

None of the options linked to the name “Worrell” downloaded from Bible Support provides this NT in Microsoft Word format.

Regards, Olaf Bacon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users