Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Can't open downloaded bibles

12 replies to this topic

#1 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida 34120

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

I have E-sword installer and I've downloaded bibles before but some are not opening up. I downloaded the MLV 2017 as a zip file. Opened it up and clicked on the e-sword mlv module and it automatically loads the E-sword program but the MLV is not loaded.

Any suggestions?

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:36 AM

I have E-sword installer and I've downloaded bibles before but some are not opening up. I downloaded the MLV 2017 as a zip file. Opened it up and clicked on the e-sword mlv module and it automatically loads the E-sword program but the MLV is not loaded.

Any suggestions?

There are 2 possibilities for the module not opening and I think this first one is correct in terms of you description.

You said you downloaded the MLV 2017 Zip file and tried to install the the MLV 2017 from the open Zip file. What you should have done is extracted the module from the Zip to another folder or even your desktop and then clicked the extracted module. You state that you have the E-Sword installer, I assume you mean the E-Sword module installer which installs downloaded modules simply by clicking the download module. The installer does not recognize Zip files as a location for modules that are to be installed this why I mentioned extracting the module from the Zip file before attempting to install it

The second possibility is as follows if the module did install correctly:

With E-Sword open select options from the E-Sword menu and then from the options menu select the option labeled resources. This will open a window with five lists displayed showing all installed modules including Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries, Devotions, and Graphics. Each list shows all of the different modules of each type that are installed in E-Sword. To left of each listed module is a check box those check boxes with checks in them indicate that the module will display in E-Sword. Check the list of Bible modules to see if the MLV 2017 is listed, if it is and the check box next to MLV 2017 in the list is not checked, check it and then check it and then click OK to close the Resources window. The MLV 2017 bible module should now be available in the Bible windows in E-Sword.

#3 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:59 AM

There are 2 possibilities for the module not opening and I think this first one is correct in terms of you description.

You said you downloaded the MLV 2017 Zip file and tried to install the the MLV 2017 from the open Zip file. What you should have done is extracted the module from the Zip to another folder or even your desktop and then clicked the extracted module. You state that you have the E-Sword installer, I assume you mean the E-Sword module installer which installs downloaded modules simply by clicking the download module. The installer does not recognize Zip files as a location for modules that are to be installed this why I mentioned extracting the module from the Zip file before attempting to install it

The second possibility is as follows if the module did install correctly:

With E-Sword open select options from the E-Sword menu and then from the options menu select the option labeled resources. This will open a window with five lists displayed showing all installed modules including Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries, Devotions, and Graphics. Each list shows all of the different modules of each type that are installed in E-Sword. To left of each listed module is a check box those check boxes with checks in them indicate that the module will display in E-Sword. Check the list of Bible modules to see if the MLV 2017 is listed, if it is and the check box next to MLV 2017 in the list is not checked, check it and then check it and then click OK to close the Resources window. The MLV 2017 bible module should now be available in the Bible windows in E-Sword.

Option 2 was not the issue. Option 1 I did as you suggested. I extracted the file to desktop and clicked on the module and the E-sword program came up but MLV did not. I had it previously on another computer that crashed so I know it can load. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Like I said, I have had this problem with several modules as well.

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:12 AM

Option 2 was not the issue. Option 1 I did as you suggested. I extracted the file to desktop and clicked on the module and the E-sword program came up but MLV did not. I had it previously on another computer that crashed so I know it can load. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Like I said, I have had this problem with several modules as well.

Do you have the E-Sword module installer installed on on your computer? If not download it and install it and then click the extracted module again to install it using the module installer:

http://www.biblesupp...dule-installer/

#5 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:44 PM

Do you have the E-Sword module installer installed on on your computer? If not download it and install it and then click the extracted module again to install it using the module installer:

http://www.biblesupp...dule-installer/

I did this and it still won't install. I've never had this problem before so I don't understand why I cannot get them uploaded.

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#6 bbacle

bbacle

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:14 PM

Some modules NOT showing up in E-Sword.

I have many modules that have been working fine until I had to get a new computer on which I installed Win7 64-bit.

So I installed E-Sword on it, and now some of my modules only show a blank screen in E-Sword.

They had been working fine on my old computer, and they work fine on my work computer.

But they do NOT work on my new computer.

Does anyone have a solution that will work?

#7 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:17 AM

Some modules NOT showing up in E-Sword.

I have many modules that have been working fine until I had to get a new computer on which I installed Win7 64-bit.

So I installed E-Sword on it, and now some of my modules only show a blank screen in E-Sword.

They had been working fine on my old computer, and they work fine on my work computer.

But they do NOT work on my new computer.

Does anyone have a solution that will work?

BBLX Modules are less compatible with e-Sword 11.

Covert those troublesome modules to Apple modules with the Apple converter

http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html

And move the original file elsewhere.

The new BBLI file can be hidden in the VirtualStore.

C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#8 bbacle

bbacle

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:39 AM

I don't think that Apple files will work on my PC.

These same modules work fine on my work computer, so I don't know why they won't work on my home computer.

And they are of the same format.

Update:

Found the problem.

The files I had were corrupt.

I had a backup and tried them and they worked.

Edited by bbacle, 16 November 2017 - 05:48 AM.

#9 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:18 PM

Update:

Found the problem.

The files I had were corrupt.

I had a backup and tried them and they worked.

Good news! The one thing you did right that saved your proverbial bacon, is you used your backup files. As a result of this you really deserved a Like.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#10 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:09 PM

I did this and it still won't install. I've never had this problem before so I don't understand why I cannot get them uploaded.

Okay your problem might be the file name of the MLV-2017 file does the file name look like this 00_MLV2017.bblx?

Try renaming the unzipped file MLV2017.bblx then click it and the module installer should open and install the file with just a single mouse click. If E-Sword is open, close it and reopen it after the installer finishes and see if the module is now visible. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users