Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Transfer to new computer

General Letters

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 robert waters

robert waters

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:57 AM

I have esword fully loaded. My computer was acting up so I purchased a new one.  How do I transfer the files to the new computer.  I transferred the program but it was bare bones.

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:08 AM

http://www.e-sword.net/faq.html

HOW CAN I MOVE MY E-SWORD TO A NEW COMPUTER?

Copy the e-Sword *program* directory (typically "C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword\") onto the new PC as this will get your various modules transferred. You will still need to install e-Sword from its setup program to properly install the various system files, etc.

Also, you will want to copy the contents of your e-Sword *user* directory (typically "Libraries\Documents\My Documents\e-Sword\") to get your personal notes and other customizations transferred.

#3 forazw

forazw

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:51 PM

Copy the e-Sword *program* directory (typically "C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword\") onto the new PC as this will get your various modules transferred. You will still need to install e-Sword from its setup program to properly install the various system files, etc.

Also, you will want to copy the contents of your e-Sword *user* directory (typically "Libraries\Documents\My Documents\e-Sword\") to get your personal notes and other customizations transferred.

Please, clarify. Do I "install e-Sword from its setup program" first?

#4 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:05 AM

1 Copy the e-Sword directory from the old machine to a flash drive or optical disc.

2 Copy the e-Sword diectory from the flash drive/optical disc to the e-Sword directory of the new machine.

3 You will have to decide what to do about the files that are duplicates of the install files.  Either allow them to be copied to the new macine or don't... it will not hurt anyhing to let them copy. 

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#5 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:50 AM

Please, clarify. Do I "install e-Sword from its setup program" first?

The developer did not state the order of doing this.

I would install e-Sword first, restart the computer and proceed with copying data across.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users