Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Comments Blocked?

4 replies to this topic

#1 dyan

dyan

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:08 AM

Hi Josh,

Is there no way to post a comment for an individual download? I seem to remember that it was possible before the site upgrade.

The reason I'm asking is that someone as reported this download as broken because: Typo Westcort, and I wanted to comment on that.

http://www.biblesupp...tcott-and-hort/

Could you look into it please?

Thanks,

Dyan

PS: Ok, another thing I've just observed is that the downloads, which have previous comments, have the 'Submit Review' box opened, but the ones without any comments, have it missing.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

Yep, looks like the default for a new category is for commenting turned off. When I originally added the categories and sub categories, I remembered to change the commenting option for some but not for others. So some categories have had commenting disabled since the site began!

David Cox emailed me today about a bug in the Top 500 downloads. That problem (a misspelling of a variable name on my part) has been here since I created that feature. It's odd how something can be wrong for so long and no one notices.

Do you guys like the downloads commenting? When I started this site, a couple of people believed commenting for the downloads would result in arguing and fighting over resources' doctrinal issues. But I think you folks have proven you can handle the commenting system pretty well! Some of the comments have been "Amazon.com style" reviews.

You should be able to comment on any download now. If not, let me know the category. I spot checked the categories and fixed about 8 or 9 (half were Pocket e-Sword).

#3 dyan

dyan

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:18 AM

Hey Josh,

Thanks, it's working great now ! This is an awesome site, and you're doing a great job with it. It is a blessing to all us e-Sword users.

It think it's a wonderful idea to have the commenting on downloads. It allows for questions, discussions, help on each individual download.

#4 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 02 July 2023 - 07:17 AM

There are three download files, as last updated Aug 07 2022. The following options have been provided:
[1] gnt-wh.bbli 2.3MB
[2] GNT-WH.bblx 7.65MB
[3] gnt-wh.zip 770.36K
The zipped file contains GNT-WH.bblx date modified 2011-08-04 7830KB.
THE GREEK NEW TESTAMENT: WESTCOTT-HORT
Readings of Nestle27/UBS4 shown as footnotes. These are displayed in the text, marked as the second element within piping symbols, e.g., | EN | EIV |, in which EN would be the reading of Westcott-Hort, while EIV would be the reading of Nestle27/UBS4.

If you want to load a copy of Greek NT WH+ then, open e-Sword on the Download option, browse down to Greek, Free, and there you will find Greek New Testament (Westcott-Hort) w/ Strong's Numbers, Derivative work; Copyright 2005-2010 by Maurice A. Robinson. All rights reserved. Used with permission. Provided by Rick Meyers 2016-06-17.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 02 July 2023 - 07:30 AM.

#5 John72

John72

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2023 - 12:29 AM

many websites do allow users to leave comments or report issues on individual downloads. If you're having trouble finding the comment section after a site upgrade, you might want to explore the website's help or support section for guidance on how to leave comments or report issues for specific downloads. You could also try reaching out to the website's customer support if you need assistance with this particular matter.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users