Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Personal comments - Mac, Ipad, Android

11 replies to this topic

#1 ἅγιος μάρτυρ

ἅγιος μάρτυρ

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

Hi all!

I just purchased the esword x for mac and I would like to be able to write my personal comments on the MAC. Since it will be faster typing things out with my keyboard.

my questions are:

1. How do I go about getting these comments transfer over to my:

Ipad and android device.

thank you.

2. I would like to type my own bible. How do i go about that?

Thank you all very much!

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:44 PM

Hi all!

I just purchased the esword x for mac and I would like to be able to write my personal comments on the MAC. Since it will be faster typing things out with my keyboard.

my questions are:

1. How do I go about getting these comments transfer over to my:

Ipad and android device.

thank you.

2. I would like to type my own bible. How do i go about that?

Thank you all very much!

Esword for the MAC works on IPADS so that is not a big issue in terms of transferring files once you save your personal comments on your MAC.

The Android version of Esword is called Mysword and it is not cross compatible with Mac version of Esword however 

As for designing modules there is a program called Tooltip NT that is used to make modules however it is only available for Windows

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:02 PM

The Android version of Esword is called Mysword and it is not cross compatible with Mac version of Esword however 

Just a major correction on this, and of which you need to take care and notice of; otherwise you will be confusing and misleading people.

There is no Android version of e-Sword. MySword is not an Android version of anything, let alone e-Sword. e-Sword isn't even MySword in disguise, and therefore they are totally unrelated.

As I have said before in another post:

• e-Sword is the creation of Rick Meyers
  • MySword is the creation of some bloke in Singapore.

So, with that please do not confuse MySword with e-Sword, and/or e-Sword with MySword.

Cheers for that.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 28 May 2016 - 09:03 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:36 AM

Just a major correction on this, and of which you need to take care and notice of; otherwise you will be confusing and misleading people.

There is no Android version of e-Sword. MySword is not an Android version of anything, let alone e-Sword. e-Sword isn't even MySword in disguise, and therefore they are totally unrelated.

So, with that please do not confuse MySword with e-Sword, and/or e-Sword with MySword.

Cheers for that.

Blessings,

Sorry for confusing the two my bad 

#5 ἅγιος μάρτυρ

ἅγιος μάρτυρ

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:24 AM

Cheers for that.

Blessings,

But modules from eword work on MySword.

Don't they?

#6 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:52 AM

But modules from eword work on MySword.

Don't they?

No not really. At one time there was some minor success at simply renaming a BIBLE module and getting that to work in mySword without any editing but on the whole they have different file layouts and different encoding of the text.

You *can* convert most of the modules from here to work with mySword (assuming some one has not yet done so, **AND** you are not trying to convert a commercial, encrypted module. Note that all of the official e-sword modules that you download from with-in e-Sword itself ARE encrypted!).

There are numerous message threads here in the forums that can walk you through the process.

Blessings!

Roy

#7 ἅγιος μάρτυρ

ἅγιος μάρτυρ

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:35 PM

No not really. At one time there was some minor success at simply renaming a BIBLE module and getting that to work in mySword without any editing but on the whole they have different file layouts and different encoding of the text.

You *can* convert most of the modules from here to work with mySword (assuming some one has not yet done so, **AND** you are not trying to convert a commercial, encrypted module. Note that all of the official e-sword modules that you download from with-in e-Sword itself ARE encrypted!).

There are numerous message threads here in the forums that can walk you through the process.

Blessings!

Roy

I guess im stuck.

In any event, how do I transfer my personal comments bible verses from my MAC to IPAD? What file do i transfer, or how does it get done.

I don't want to waste my time typing and then having to do it all over again.....

#8 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:13 PM

I guess im stuck.

In any event, how do I transfer my personal comments bible verses from my MAC to IPAD? What file do i transfer, or how does it get done.

I don't want to waste my time typing and then having to do it all over again.....

I am not sure as I only use the windows version of E-Sword 

#9 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:23 PM

I do not run e_Sword X. My Mac is an old one (Power-PC) so I use e-Sword on a Windows PC.

I do use e-Sword HD on an iPad as my Bible but I do not use the iPad to take notes, just read & look things up.

You will need to pray that a regular Mac / e-Sword user sees your question and answers it for you.

Best wishes,

Roy

#10 ἅγιος μάρτυρ

ἅγιος μάρτυρ

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:39 PM

I do not run e_Sword X. My Mac is an old one (Power-PC) so I use e-Sword on a Windows PC.

I do use e-Sword HD on an iPad as my Bible but I do not use the iPad to take notes, just read & look things up.

You will need to pray that a regular Mac / e-Sword user sees your question and answers it for you.

Best wishes,

Roy

thank you!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users