Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword User's Guide [Updated for e-Sword 10.2.1]

e-sword documentation e-sword tutorials e-sword user manual e-sword users guide

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#11 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:17 PM

I'm working on the revision to this manual and obviously, I'm documenting the new Reference Library, the Topics Editor, and SermonAudio.

I'm also interested in your feedback. I'm looking for features that I missed the first time around and those that are under-explained. For example, I've added or better explained the material below. Have you noticed anything else missing, under-explained, misleading, or just wrong?
  • Noted that certain e-Sword modules cannot be removed because e-Sword will re-install them.
  • Added the Scripture Memory Tool (which was left out the first time) and even borrowed some of Stephen's practical advice on using that feature.
  • The Window Docking feature was under-explained. I made a better step-by-step tutorial and I also included the overlapping window's part from Dr. Dave's blog post.
  • Added how to change the fonts, especially the tooltip font size and font type. And the editor default font and size.
  • Added the ability to open/convert e-Sword 8 notes in the Editors.
  • Added a better discussionabout tab names, resource names, sort order, and what happens when 2 resources have the same tab name.
  • Added an explanation for importing documents into the Editor.
  • Corrected statements to the contrary and documented e-Sword's setting reset feature.

#12 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

and even borrowed some of Stephen's practical advice on using that feature.

Hey Josh,
Well, mate, I feel really honored. The fact is, I didn't even think my bit on the Scripture Memory tool thingy was even worth the input to this manual. So thanks for that, and praise God.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).
X (formerly Twitter)

#13 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:06 AM

I fixed issues as requested by Rick Meyers. I also made several dozen grammatical/typo/clarity fixes. Thanks to Jon Graef for help with proofreading.

http://www.biblesupp...ision-11132011/

#14 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

By request, I added a higher quality version of the PDF ideal for printing. This PDF is almost 19 megs because its images aren't compressed as much.

#15 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:45 AM

because its images aren't compressed as much.

What do you use for taking screenshots?

jonathon

#16 dyan

dyan

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:58 AM

Hi Josh,

Could you please add a zipped version of the guide to the download window.

Thanks

Dyan

#17 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

Hi Josh,

Could you please add a zipped version of the guide to the download window.

Thanks

Dyan

Normally, a PDF can't be compressed any further because it's already compressed. The first PDF is that way. Zip would only shave a quarter of a meg of the higher quality PDF. My post may have been misleading. The high quality version of the PDF itself is still compressed. But the image quality wasn't sacrificed to produce a smaller file. That's why I didn't zip them--zip compression on top of an already compressed PDF file was negligible.

What do you use for taking screenshots?

jonathon

Snagit 10 and post-shot modifications/illustrations with either the built-in editor features of Snagit 10 or Photoshop, depending on the situation.

#18 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:00 AM

With any luck, this will be the last manual update for this version of e-Sword. I hope. :)

11/16/2011: By request, added high-level Chapter Table of Contents to prevent reader disorientation when using a printed copy of the manual (shown below). Also added information on how Notes files can be re-created after deletion if the deletion sequence is not performed properly. Corrected a mistake on where highlights are stored for Notes files.

Attached File  chapter_toc.png   95.81K   7 downloads

#19 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

Maybe this is a stupid question but ‘Paste Into Study Notes’ option from the blue button is greyed out and won't work! This is the latest 10.0.5 version.

Why? I've never had a problem with this before!

How can I fix it?

Hi and welcome to BibleSupport.

You're afraid of a "stupid" question. I'm afraid of a "stupid" answer so forgive me if this is, but did you select text? IF you don't have any text selected, then the Paste into Study Notes option will be greyed out.

Josh

#20 AMDREDIMIDO

AMDREDIMIDO

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

Hola Josh

Descargue la versión 10x y la instale, mi pregunta es consigo una guia de usuario en español.

Dios le bendiga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users