Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword User's Guide [Updated for e-Sword 10.2.1]

e-sword documentation e-sword tutorials e-sword user manual e-sword users guide

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

We do not have a Spanish translation, unfortunately.

#22 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

We do not have a Spanish translation,

From that I gather that the Spanish version was done without your knowledge.

jonathon

#23 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

From that I gather that the Spanish version was done without your knowledge.

jonathon

Post a link to it. :) I'm not aware of a publicly released, Spanish version. If someone translated it, I hope they used the most recent version (because it has less of those embarrassing typos). I am aware of someone who asked if he could translate it but other life commitments crept in the way, preventing him from completing it.

Google Translate will translate PDF documents on the fly but with the images, it's too large for Google Translate to process.

#24 Pleiades

Pleiades

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:33 AM

It appears, after looking around here, it hasn't occurred to anyone that one might desire to delete or remove a Bible Tab? Is there a way? Do you or anyone know that may be done?

#25 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:49 AM

It appears, after looking around here, it hasn't occurred to anyone that one might desire to delete or remove a Bible Tab? Is there a way? Do you or anyone know that may be done?

Click "Options" from the main menu - click "Resource" - look under Bibles and find the Bible Tab you wish to remove - remove the check from that Bible, and click save options. While you're there, you will see that you can do the same thing with Dictionaries, Commentaries, etc.

Edited by Tom Rightmer, 06 June 2012 - 01:50 AM.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#26 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

For those of you who are not aware, the e-Sword User's Guide is the official documentation for all help in the use of the program. This documentation comes as part of the e-Sword installation, and can be accessed from the Help Menu.

This documentation is updated with just about every new version of e-Sword, especially where new and/or updated features have been added. Josh Bond has taken meticulous care to present a manual/guide that is easy to read and understand. He has even gone to the extent of covering issues and problems encountered by many users, and has offered some great answers to these problems.

This guide is actually your first port of call for any help regarding difficulties you may encounter, and I recommend you actually use it and refer to it regularly.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#27 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

I agree - the e-Sword User's Guide is great. Josh Bond did a professional job with this guide that will help the new users and the most experienced users. Read it and I think you will be amazed with what you can learn about e-Sword. It's well laid-out and illustrated.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#28 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

Carlos translated the User's Guide to Spanish! Special thanks to him for his hard work there.

The file listing is updated, the Spanish option is available from the download screen, and I'm making a note here as well.

#29 Tomshome2day

Tomshome2day

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

Hi Josh. May the Lord bless you and your family richly for this great site. The only thing I would like to see are "Go back" ( to previous page ) and "Go forward" (to previous page) buttons on the menu bar. When studying I often click on the verse links in the commentaries but then need to go through a series of clicks to get back to where I was previously. I know that there are short cut keys but I can't seem to find the list in the "Help" index. I did have a link to a different site that listed them but they no longer seem to be online ( http://www.myturner....ut-Hot-Keys.pdf ). What are my options and do you plan to add  those navigation buttons in future updates? Thank you and God bless.

#30 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:47 AM

Hi Josh. May the Lord bless you and your family richly for this great site. The only thing I would like to see are "Go back" ( to previous page ) and "Go forward" (to previous page) buttons on the menu bar. When studying I often click on the verse links in the commentaries but then need to go through a series of clicks to get back to where I was previously. I know that there are short cut keys but I can't seem to find the list in the "Help" index. I did have a link to a different site that listed them but they no longer seem to be online ( http://www.myturner....ut-Hot-Keys.pdf ). What are my options and do you plan to add  those navigation buttons in future updates? Thank you and God bless.

These buttons navigate forward and back in the Bible window:

Attached File  forward-back.jpg   48.91K   10 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users