Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

KJB Built in Dictionary

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:07 PM

Hi all

I have found out that the King James Bible has a built in dictionary. This dictionary explains the words of the bible very well.  You can find it in my Study Bible set. look for [w] for words and [d] for the definition.

thanks

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:34 PM

Hi,

please check this out, it is "How to Find the Built in Dictionary in the KJB.

thanks

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:04 AM

Hi,

The things I am finding out about the Built in Dictionary of the KJV Bible, is that the other basic dictionaries may not give the true meaning of the the Bible.

as each field of expertise has its own meaning so does the bible.

God has put the meaning of words within the bible. For the Bible Explains it self; Prov 25:2

I am really enjoying this study.

thanks

Edited by patchworkid, 15 October 2015 - 05:37 PM.

#4 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:21 PM

hi 

here is some more info on how to look for the built in dictionary in the king James bible

Attached File  2011-03-27 SUN PM.zip   1.42MB   2 downloads

Genesis 3:1-13

THE BIBLE'S BUILT-IN DICTIONARY

The Bible's BuiLt-In Dictionar

A CLOSE examination of the 1,000 most difficult words in the KJV reveals that God defines all of them:

•     in their context

•     in their first usage

•     by using the very words that are used in the Oxford English Dictionary or Webster's 1828 Dictionary.

This research has recently been published in The King James Bible's Built-In Dictionary, available from 1-800-435-4535. This book cites words, including their very own built-in definitions. This brief overview gives examples of how God's built-in dictionary works, thereby allowing the reader a head-start in discovering this dictionary for himself.

STEP1

Look at the words next to the word in Question

ABROAD

Gen. 10:18 - "spread abroad"

AVERSE

Micah 2:8 - "averse from war"

WEB - "This word has the idea of ‘from'"

ADAMENT

Ezekiel 3:9 - "An adament harder than flint"

Zechariah 7:12 - "an adament stone"

STEP 2 Look at the words in the verse

ADDER

Gen. 49:17 - "a serpent by WEB - "a serpent" the way, an adder

ATHIRST

Judges 15:18 - "he was sore WEB - "thirsty" athirst...shall I die of thirst"

BESOM

Isaiah 14:23 -"I will sweep OED -"To sweep with it with the besom of                                    force"

destruction."

STEP 3 Look Into the Next or Preceding Verse

BETWIXT

Gen. 17:10, 11 -                                  OED - "Between"

"between me and you... betwixt me and you"

AFORE

2 Kings 20:3, 4 -                                 OED - "before"

"walked before. pass before"

Proverbs 26:23, 24, 25, 26 - "lips...like a potsherd covered. ..dissembleth with his lips, and layeth up deceit.believe him not.covered by deceit"

OED -"deceive" WUD -"cover"

DESCRY

Judges 1:23, 24, 25 - Joseph sent to descry Bethel.the spies saw a man...they said.Shew us...we will shew thee. he shewed them"

OED - "to get sight of. to espy...to spy out"

Genesis 8:1-5 - "The waters asswaged... fountains. stopped. rain. restrained. waters returned. waters were abated. waters decreased"

All dictionaries give these surrounding words the same meaning as ‘abated' "To lessen"

KJV "Archaic" Words?

1 - PREVENT

Pre - means "before"

Vent - means "to come"

Prevent = "To come before"

".we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep." (1 Thess. 4:15)

The NKJV and NIV say “PRECEDE"

"VENT" comes from the Latin word venire which means "to come"

"CEDE" comes from the Latin word cede which means "to go away, to withdraw" (i.e. VA seceded from the Union).

From God's perspective...we are "coming"!

The only way Christians would be "going" and not "coming" is if the person was looking at it from a lost person's perspective!

ALL Those Thee's and Thou's

Though not many do not realize it, 'thee' and 'ye' are easily understood,

It is amazing to note that the play "Romeo and Juliet" has just as many "archaic words" as does the KJV, and no one seems to have a problem understanding it...but when it comes to the KJV.it becomes "far too difficult to understand."

One stick ' t' words are singular;

Double broken stick 'y' words are plural.

KJV

NIV

KJV

NIV

thou

you

ye

you

thee

you

you

you

thy

your

your

your

thine

your

yours

yours

Possessive Adjective

Singular forms Plural forms

ALL Those Thee's and Thou's

"Marvel not that I say unto thee, ye must be born again." John 3:7

Notice here how Jesus phrases salvation.

"Marvel not that I say unto thee." - This tells Nicodemus

that Jesus is speaking directly to him.

".ye must be born again." - This tells Nicodemus that this requirement is the same for every person that is a sinner.

New versions say, ‘YOU should not be surprised at my saying, YOU must be born again."

I guess it was just for Nicodemus, not us.

A Few Questions

Did you know that the first "ye" in the Bible was given by Satan?

Did you know that God NEVER said "ye shall not eat of the tree"?

Did you know that God NEVER told Eve that she could not eat of the tree?

Did you know that Satan is not as stupid as we humans are?

Did you know that by changing ONE WORD,

Satan changed the meaning of God's message?

Did you know that is EXACTLY what Satan has done in the Modern Versions?

You miss all of these details in all modern versions. God deals with individuals!

Gen. 2 God said, "thou shalt not eat of it."

Gen. 3 The serpent said "ye shall not eat of every tree...ye shall not surely die. ye shall be as gods.

Gen. 3: 9 "And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, "Where art thou.

Hast thou eaten of the tree."

Now the sergent Mas more subtLe...

NKJV Omissions

Times

Word                   omjtted

The NKJV ignored the Greek Textus Receptus over 1,200 times!

The NKJV replaced the KJV Hebrew O.T. text (ben Chayyim) with the corrupt Stuttgart edition (ben Asher)

Sir

Luke 13:8

Lord

before him saying, Master

Matthew

18:26

and they worshipped him saying, Lord

kneeling down

Matthew

20:20

worshipping him

right hand of Power

Matthew

26:64

right hand of power

God will provide for himself the lamb

Genesis 22:8

God will provide himself a lamb

a son

John 8:35

the Son

the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ

Colossians

2:2

the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ

Good Master

Matthew

19:16

Good Teacher

Demotes Jesus Christ

His servant Jesus

Acts 3:13, 26

his Son Jesus

holy servant Jesus

Acts 4:27, 4:30

holy child Jesus

the firstborn over all creation

Colossians 1:15

the firstborn of every creature

OMITTED

Mark 2:15

Jesus

Joshua

Hebrews 4:8, Acts 7:45

Jesus

(The Greek word IS Jesus!)

patience of Christ

2 Thess. 3:5

patient waiting for Christ

KJV

NKJV & Jehovah's Witness New World Translation

Demotes the Trinity

NKJV & NWT

Divine Nature

Acts 17:29

Godhead

our God and Father

Philippians

4:20

God and our Father

his God and Father

Revelation 1:6

God and his Father

God the Father through Him

Colossians

3:17

God and the Father by him

Helper

John 14:16, 14:26, 15:26, 16:7

Comforter

The NKJV Copies the NWT

Works/Progressive Salvation

NKJV & NWT

Imitate Christ

1 Corinthians 11:1

followers, of Christ

faithfulness

Romans 3:3

faith

disobedient

Romans 11:30

not believed

disobedient

Romans 11:32

unbelief

are being saved

1 Corinthians 1:18

are saved

are being saved

2 Corinthians 2:15

are saved

have been saved

Ephesians 2:8

are...saved

NKJV's ReLiaious Tolerance

NKJV

very religious

Acts 17:22

too

superstitious

nations

Ps. 19:1

heathen

religion

Acts 25:19

superstition

sect

Acts 24:14

heresy

Slides were taken from New Age Bible Versions

To purchase the book or DVD or for more information contact:

AV Publications

P.O. Box 280 Ararat, VA 24053

1-800-435-4535 avpublications.com

#5 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:18 AM

Built-in Dictionary of the KJV

A CLOSE examination of the 1,000 most difficult words in the KJV reveals that God defines allof them:

•in their context

•in their first usage

•by using the very words that are used in the Oxford English Dictionary(OED) or Webster’s 1828 Dictionary(WEB).

The problems are that there are more then one edition of the Oxford English Dictionary and that Webster made his own Bible translation.

ABROAD (OED –“wide spread”)

The word "spread" is not in Webster’s 1828 Dictionary nor in the modern edition of the Oxford English Dictionary.

http://www.oxforddic..._english/abroad

http://1828.mshaffer.com/d/word/abroad

Gen 10:18 And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad. (KJV)

Gen 10:18 And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites dispersed.(Webster)

AVERSE (WEB –“This word has the idea of ‘from’)

Mic 2:8 Even of late my people is risen up as an enemy: ye pull off the robe with the garment from them that pass by securely as men averse from war.(KJV)

The word "from" is a little part of the definition.

AVERSE, a. avers'. [See Avert.] The literal sense of this word is, turned from, in manifestation of dislike. Hence the real sense is, (Webster’s 1828 Dictionary)

ADAMENT (WEB –“A very hardstone”)

Adamant is the old word for diamond. And is not the same word as ADAMENT (typo).

Eze 3:9 As an adamant harder than flint have I made thy forehead: fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house. (KJV)

Webster agrees

http://1828.mshaffer.../d/word/adamant

ADDER (WEB –“a serpent”)

Gen 49:17 Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.

AD'DER, n. [L. natrix, a serpent.] A venomous serpent or viper, of several species. (Webster’s 1828 Dictionary)

ATHIRST (WEB –“thirsty”)

Jdg 15:18 And he was sore athirst, and called on the LORD, and said, Thou hast given this great deliverance into the hand of thy servant: and now shall I die for thirst, and fall into the hand of the uncircumcised?(KJV)

Jdg 15:18 And he was very thirsty, and called on the LORD, and said, Thou hast given this great deliverance into the hand of thy servant: and now shall I die by thirst, and fall into the hand of the uncircumcised?(Webster)

Webster agrees but has changed the word to thirsty because athirst is archaic.

BESOM (OED –“To sweep with force”)

Isa 14:23 I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the LORD of hosts.

http://www.oxforddic...n_english/besom

http://1828.mshaffer.com/d/word/besom

BETWIXT (OED –“Between”)

Betwixt is an archaic word for between (The most modern translations using the word "between" in Gen 17:11).

Gen 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

Gen 17:11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. (KJV)

AFORE (OED –“before”)

2Ki 20:3 I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.

2Ki 20:4 And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying, (KJV)

2Ki 20:3 I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept grievously.

2Ki 20:4 And it came to pass, before Isaiah had gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying, (Webster)

Webster agrees but has changed the word to before because afore is archaic.

DESCRY (OED –“to get sight of…to espy…to spy out”)

Jdg 1:23 And the house of Joseph sent to descry Bethel. (Now the name of the city before was Luz.)

Jdg 1:24 And the spies saw a man come forth out of the city, and they said unto him, Shew us, we pray thee, the entrance into the city, and we will shew thee mercy.

Jdg 1:25 And when he shewed them the entrance into the city, they smote the city with the edge of the sword; but they let go the man and all his family. (KJV)

Jdg 1:23 And the house of Joseph sent to explore Beth-el. Now the name of the city before was Luz.

Jdg 1:24 And the spies saw a man coming out of the city, and they said to him, Show us, we pray thee, the entrance into the city, and we will show thee mercy.

Jdg 1:25 And when he showed them the entrance into the city, they smote the city with the edge of the sword: but they let go the man and all his family. (Webster)

The modern edition of the Oxford English Dictionary disagrees and Webster updated descry to explore but agrees in the dictionary.

http://www.oxforddic..._english/descry

http://1828.mshaffer.com/d/word/descry

ABATED (All dictionaries give these surrounding words the same meaning as ‘abated’… “To lessen”)

Gen 8:1 And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged;

Gen 8:2 The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;

Gen 8:3 And the waters returned from off the earth continually: and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abated.

Gen 8:4 And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.

Gen 8:5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.

Note: the 1950s London Edition (LE) of the King James version use the word "assuaged" instead of "asswaged" ;

the Webster Bible used the word "checked" and I use the word "appeased" in Gen 8:1

All those words are synonyms.

I think that literal translations and Original sources do contain a kind of dictionary (there are many definitions in the Bible) but not as dictionary for archaic KJV words.

The NKJV and NIV say “PRECEDE"

PREVENT vs PRECEDE in 1Th 4:15

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. (KJV)

1Th 4:15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain to the coming of the Lord shall not precede them who are asleep. (Webster)

The modern meaning of the word "prevent":

to stop something from happening

to stop someone from doing something

The meaning of the word "precede":

to happen or exist before another person or thing

to come before someone or something else in a series

to be more important, or to have a higher rank, than someone or something else

Albert Barnes' Notes on the Bible

Shall not prevent them which are asleep - Shall not precede; anticipate; go before. The word prevent with us is now commonly used in the sense of hinder, but this is never its meaning in the Scriptures.

The word, in the time of the translators of the Bible, was used in its primitive and proper sense (praevenio), meaning to precede, or anticipate.

Did you know that the first "ye" in the Bible was given by Satan?

Did you know that God NEVER said "ye shall not eat of the tree"?

Did you know that by changing ONE WORD,

Satan changed the meaning of God's message?

Did you know that is EXACTLY what Satan has done in the Modern Versions?

God said Thou(singular) as personal pronoun for humankind. (Thou both is here the meaning: bad example).

It was forbidden for Eve AND Adam to eat from that tree (It was Eve who was beguiled; not Adam, if Eve was free to eat then was it Adam who was beguiled).

2Co 11:3 But I fear lest, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his craftiness, Gen 3 .

so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

I'm FOR the use of the singular and plural pronouns in the Bible translations. (So don't associate me).

And my version is "more Modern" then the KJV 1611 that is updated from the Bishops' Bible. (double standard).

Some fallacies that she used:

Guilt by association, Secundum quid et simpliciter, Generalization, Slippery slope and Non sequitur,

(because most Modern Versions are no based on the King James but the Hebrew Text).

And the Black-and-White Fallacy (She claim all newer Bibles that are different of the King James version are New Age versions).

By her "logic" Webster and Young are New Age teachers for using precede in 1Th 4:15

The NKJV ignored the Greek Textus Receptus over 1,200 times!

Prove it and don't count the anti-Textus Receptus notes. Because the NKJV used a Textus Receptus variant in the base text.

The KJV is NOT a word for word translation (Young Literal Translation is must closer to "word for word").

From all the literal English TR translations that are made after 1611 are the KJV and NKJV by the last literal Bibles.

I made hundreds of TVM corrections based on Greek verbs.

The NKJV replaced the KJV Hebrew O.T. text (ben Chayyim) with the corrupt Stuttgart edition (ben Asher).

It is hard to find sources that show the differences between both sources and there is more then one Stuttgart edition.

I know that the Dutch Statenvertaling used another edition then the KJV based on one of the differences.

Isaiah 10:16 ... Lord, the LORD of Sabaoth...

Is correct (Adonai is never used in combination with Sabaoth; it is always JHVH of Sabaoth).

http://www.kjvtoday....ble-hebrew-text

KJV appeared to follow the Ben Chayyim text.  Many recent versions of the Bible are based on the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, the third edition of the Masoretic text edited by Rudolph Kittel.  There are eight places where differences between the two texts (the Ben Chayyim and the Rudolph Kittel) affect translation – they are: 1 Kings 20:38, Proverbs 8:16, Isaiah 10:16, Isaiah 27:2, Isaiah 38:14, Ezekiel 30:18, Zephaniah 3:15, and Malachi 1:12.

_____

Edited by Katoog, 16 January 2016 - 06:20 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users