Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Is It Safe to Change File Names?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Aliyah Berakah

Aliyah Berakah

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:33 PM

I am trying to make my files in E-Sword more User Friendly when trying to pinpoint a particular file. It would be easier if I could rename them. If I can - can I just rename them or is there a module that I need to use?

Thanks.

Sola Fide

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:02 PM

If you change the file name than can you change the order of the tabs.

However the default files should you not change: (kjv ,kjv+ robertson strong crockett tsk) otherwise reinstall e-Sword themselves and are all the other files gone.

So make a backup of the e-Sword folder to be safe.

If you want that your favourite Bible or Commentary or Dictionary are on the first tab then place a 001__ before the file name.

Or download here "e-Sword Library Manager" and run as Administrator

http://www.biblesupp...ibrary-manager/

If the tab name is the same as the other file then need you to change the tab name of one of files.

You can do this also with "e-Sword Library Manager".

Edited by Katoog, 09 March 2015 - 05:25 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 Aliyah Berakah

Aliyah Berakah

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:42 AM

Okay, so what you are saying is that if the file is a bblx or a system file - don't change it. But if the file is a topx or refx or mapx then I should be able to change it? Then make a backup of the program with the changes and I can reload that if need be?

I will check out Library Manager and look at that. I noticed in using the Tab Renamer that all tabs are not alphabetical and was wondering if that was a name length issue in the tab? The tabs seem to be window width sensitive, kind of like a justification of sorts, alphabetical is secondary behing length and spacing (if that makes any sense).

Sola Fide

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users