Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Formating lost with Copy Paste from a bible verse to study notes

5 replies to this topic

#1 JohnMarsing

JohnMarsing

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

Hello,

I’m getting formatting errors when I copy content from a bible to my study notes.  Here are two examples of what I ‘m taking about.

First is with the KJV+ bible, with regard to the Strong’s numbers, I lose the super scripts and the green formatting.

Second example when I copy from the Hebrew Study Bible (HSB5), I completely loose the Hebrew (which is replaced by ????).

See attached snapshots.

This use to not be a problem with 10.2.  I noticed this problem with my laptop a few months ago, but everything was ok with my desktop until yesterday.  After reading up on the 10.4 version enhancements it states

“Fixed Editor issue where it could possibly give a formatting error and not save the changes”

I thought for sure that upgrading to this new version (which I did on both my computers) would solve my problem but not luck.  
Anybody else having this problem?

FYI: both my laptop and my desktop are running Windows 8.1.

Thanks
John Marsing

@JohnMarsing
@MyHebrewBible
Webmaster of www.MyHebrewBible.com

Attached Files

Thank You,

John Marsing

Website1: www.MyHebrewBible.Com

#2 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

press F11 and then try your paste

or options, editor option, paste as formatted 

make sure it has a check

Edited by DSaw, 10 January 2015 - 02:00 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#3 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:43 PM

Letters replaced by ????

generally mean that the the font ised in the module is not compatible with the font you have selected fot the Greek (or Hebrew) font set as default.

Try selecting options from the tabs at the top of the screen then fonts.  Most of tjhr time Titus Cyberbits  works best.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#4 JohnMarsing

JohnMarsing

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:28 PM

Thanks DSaw, "options, editor option, paste as formatted" is what I needed...never new that was there.

Tim, I didn't need to change the font (I was using David for the Hebrew font by the way), checking the "Paste as Formated" option solved that problem as well.

Thank You,

John Marsing

Website1: www.MyHebrewBible.Com

#5 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

Thanks DSaw, 

Your welcome

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:22 PM

Thanks DSaw, "options, editor option, paste as formatted" is what I needed...never new that was there.

Tim, I didn't need to change the font (I was using David for the Hebrew font by the way), checking the "Paste as Formated" option solved that problem as well.

Ha! I knew that. Dunno why I actually didn't think of it when the question was first popped. Must've forgotten or something like that.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users