Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Hello, and an inquiry if anyone has info re: LBU

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 satch73467@yahoo.com

satch73467@yahoo.com

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:09 AM

Hello,

I've been considering going to Louisana Baptist University, and just curious if anyone here has any info regarding this school, whether good or bad.

Also, curious if anyone has any experience with LOGOS bible software, and LBU is currently requiring purchasing it as part of the enrollment process.

Thanks and blessings,

Doug

#2 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:51 AM

Do a search at the forum   www.baptistboard.com   for the school name, I think you will find some threads about this school as well as suggestions of better schools.  Bob Jones has online degrees if that is what you want as well as other good schools.  (Note:  baptistboard is a Southern Baptist board so it is a bit biased but I find the posts relating to school informative if a tad biased :-)

Part of selecting a school is finding one that would be accepted by churches in your particular flavor of church if you are going into ministry.  If you are just wanting to go deeper into your own education then school is not  as important.

Logos software is expensive but from what I've read quite good.  I've always used e-sword so cannot give a report on it.

#3 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:35 AM

Logos is excellent Bible software and if you are a student, you can apply for their academic discount which makes it much more affordable. Logos has a steep learning curve and also needs a robust computer system to run well. There is a lot more information on their website and also from experienced users on their forums if you have questions in particular. Hope this helps!

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:47 PM

If one wishes to use Logos, the sofware component of it is Libronix. This program is free. However, when it comes to the resources for that you need, you will be paying and arm and a leg for it. The resources we have here for e-Sword are totally free, as with Libronix, the same resources you have to pay for them.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users