Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Creating a new Bible - need more info please

4 replies to this topic

#1 johanjcnel

johanjcnel

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:41 AM

Hi people, when you open Genesis 2 in KJV, you see the screen, as displayed in the attached file

I’m creating my own eSword Bible version, but cannot figure out, from the manual, how to implement this kind of Comment / Topic / Note, as they appear in the red frames above. The stuff I create do end up in the Bible, but not “spontaneously” when I simply open and display the contents, as in the above example. You must go into “Reference Library” or other places in eSword to see them. Is this simply “inline text” that needs a certain way of formatting in your source, or how do I create and display these, please

Attached Files

• Attached File  Help.png   10.91K   19 downloads

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:51 AM

Hi people, when you open Genesis 2 in KJV, you see the screen, as displayed in the attached file

I’m creating my own eSword Bible version, but cannot figure out, from the manual, how to implement this kind of Comment / Topic / Note, as they appear in the red frames above. The stuff I create do end up in the Bible, but not “spontaneously” when I simply open and display the contents, as in the above example. You must go into “Reference Library” or other places in eSword to see them. Is this simply “inline text” that needs a certain way of formatting in your source, or how do I create and display these, please

Those comments are known as pericopes in bible translations and are found in many different bible translations. 

They are very easy to include when creating bible modules in e-Sword Tooltip NT.

You can insert them one of two ways either by creating a soft break at the end of a verse by pressing Shift+Enter this will allow the pericope to appear above the next verse as in your images above.

Another way is to include the pericope at the start of a verse by pressing Shift+Enter between the verse number and the first word of the verse. This will create a soft break to the right of the verse number where you can place you pericope. The verse will be displayed directly below the pericope. These verses will look like this:

Gen 1:1 The Story of Creation.
In the beginning, when God created the heavens and the earth 

#3 johanjcnel

johanjcnel

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:49 AM

Those comments are known as pericopes in bible translations and are found in many different bible translations. 

They are very easy to include when creating bible modules in e-Sword Tooltip NT.

You can insert them one of two ways either by creating a soft break at the end of a verse by pressing Shift+Enter this will allow the pericope to appear above the next verse as in your images above.

Another way is to include the pericope at the start of a verse by pressing Shift+Enter between the verse number and the first word of the verse. This will create a soft break to the right of the verse number where you can place you pericope. The verse will be displayed directly below the pericope. These verses will look like this:

Gen 1:1 The Story of Creation.
In the beginning, when God created the heavens and the earth 

Thank you TJ. I have tried this and it works 100%. Thanks for your help. MUCH appreciated! All I have to do now is to get rid of the default (standard) pericope headings. I know it's a setting somewhere...

#4 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 03:19 PM

Thank you TJ. I have tried this and it works 100%. Thanks for your help. MUCH appreciated! All I have to do now is to get rid of the default (standard) pericope headings. I know it's a setting somewhere...

If you are using either e-Sword 11 or 12 they can be turned on/off by selecting "Options > Display Pericope" from the e-Sword menu.

#5 johanjcnel

johanjcnel

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:11 AM

If you are using either e-Sword 11 or 12 they can be turned on/off by selecting "Options > Display Pericope" from the e-Sword menu.

You're on the button again, thank you TJ ( :>))

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users