Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

My Commentary

11 replies to this topic

#1 MARCR

MARCR

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationFalls City, OR

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:56 AM

For the last 11 years, I have been writing a commentary on the Bible.  So far I have completed Genesis - Deuteronomy; Isaiah-Daniel; Matthew - Acts, Romans, 1Corinthians, and Revelation.  I am currently working on 2Corinthians and Zechariah.  I read Hebrew proficiently, and Greek with moderate proficiency.

I have been composing in WordPerfect and publishing to PDF; and making my work available in various internet venues including Facebook.  My file has recently exceeded 100MB in size. To allow conversion to PDF, it was necessary to delete 10 pages containing JPEG graphics.  When I attempted to reinsert them as separate files some hyperlinks became non-functional.  I would like to share my work on E-Sword: but I  don't know how to convert to the appropriate file format.  Can someone help?

Attached File  Commentary2xA2 .pdf   22.47MB   28 downloadsAttached File  Commentary2xB2 .pdf   22.55MB   21 downloadsAttached File  Commentary2x .pdf   26.01MB   22 downloads

Attachments 1531 and 1532 are unsatisfactory recent attempts to publish to PDF after exceeding 100 MB.

Attachment 1533 is the last successful publication to PDF before exceeding 100MB.

My attempt to upload my most up to date file in WordPerfect format generated an error message that I am not permitted to upload this type of file.

Blessings on you!  (Nu 6:24-26)

Marc

#2 emilzalez

emilzalez

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

I don't understand, downloading take more than 10 minutes. I've high speed internet and that size never take that long.

#3 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:43 PM

http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

Guide to make a commentary or a reference module
http://www.biblesupp...vision-1052013/

By the way: "kings and we" in Rev 1:6 and Rev 5:10 are not a translation error of the KJV but used the Text that was based on the Textus Receptus (the text is different in the majority texts and the Alexandrian sources).
For the rest am impressed..

Edited by Katoog, 14 September 2014 - 01:49 PM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#4 MARCR

MARCR

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationFalls City, OR

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:22 AM

I don't understand, downloading take more than 10 minutes. I've high speed internet and that size never take that long.

You might have tried to download the file while E-Sword was experiencing heavy traffic.  It is also quite reasonable that E-Sword would give preference to their own modules on their server since they have no obligation to provide this service and for them to take on the extra traffic at all is very gracious of them.

Edited by MARCR, 15 September 2014 - 12:23 AM.

Marc

#5 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:50 AM

You might have tried to download the file while E-Sword was experiencing heavy traffic.  It is also quite reasonable that E-Sword would give preference to their own modules on their server since they have no obligation to provide this service and for them to take on the extra traffic at all is very gracious of them.

The official e-Sword site (the one where you can download e-sword) is only loosely affiliated with this site, and uses a different server (or did last I checked).

It was probably just a slow time on one of the servers.  ;-)

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#6 MARCR

MARCR

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationFalls City, OR

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:23 PM

Tim,

Thank you for that information.  I still think that it is very gracious of the sponsors of this site to provide these services.

Marc

Edited by MARCR, 15 September 2014 - 02:24 PM.

Marc

#7 MARCR

MARCR

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationFalls City, OR

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:03 PM

I finally got my most recent update, which includes all of Zechariah, to convert properly to PDF.

Attached Files

Edited by MARCR, 04 January 2015 - 01:40 AM.

Marc

#8 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:21 PM

Am I reading wrongly or is there a typo in verse 8?  It looks like you are calling Yahweh the second person of the trinity.  There are some who consider this manifestation as a Christophany could it be that one iteration of the exegesis you included the possibility and in the current iteration part of the old remained?

And behold a man - Yahweh, the second person of the Trinity, manifested in man's form, an
earnest of the incarnation; called the "angel of Yahweh" (Zec 1:11-12), "Yahweh the angel of
the covenant" (Mal 3:1: cf. Ge 16:7 with Zec 1:13, where He who is first called "the angel of the
Lord" (Yahweh) is afterward called "the Lord" (Yahweh); Ge 22:11 with Zec 1:12; Ex 3:2 with
Zec 1:4). Being at once divine and human, He must be God and man in one person.
Riding - implying swiftness in executing God's will in His providence; hastening to help His
people.
Upon

Edited by Tim Butterfield, 02 January 2015 - 03:23 PM.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#9 MARCR

MARCR

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationFalls City, OR

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:56 PM

Tim,

Partial Typo; in that explanation is needed.

Since no man has seen the Father at any time (Jn 6:46, 1Jn 4:12), God, who appeared to Moses in the burning bush, and gave His name as YHVH; must have been the pre-incarnate   Jesus (Yeshua).  While we tend to associate YHVH with the Father; It seems to me that it pertains to the Godhead in entirety.  That seems to be implied in Zc 1:10-11

This is supported by the fact that Jesus said "before Abraham was, I AM" (Jn 8:58)

Since the statement is included in cited material from Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown Commentary; any clarification will need to be placed outside the actual text.

Edited by MARCR, 02 January 2015 - 06:12 PM.

Marc

#10 MARCR

MARCR

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationFalls City, OR

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:34 AM

I Just finished Second Corinthians.

Books now completed include: