Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Expositor’s Bible Commentary (OT and NT)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bubelcaleb

Bubelcaleb

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2023 - 08:20 PM

Hi, I would like to see the Expositor’s Bible Commentary from Zondervan. I thought I had come across it in the downloads section, but I’m afraid that is a different version. I have all of the .epub books for the Expositor’s Bible Commentary except John and Psalm. Is there a way I can turn these into commentary modules?

#2 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 July 2023 - 06:52 AM

Hey, BC,

you can take those .epub and convert them for use with eSword - but it takes work; and to be quite frank, it takes more work than most users will want to do. In very broad brushstrokes, here are the steps

1. Download and familiarize yourself with Calibre - it is a free ereader system. (google "calibre ebook" and you'll find its home page quite easily)

2. Using Calibre, convert .epub to .rtf

3. Download the Tooltip tool available free on this website here - http://www.biblesupp...ws-environment/

4. Using the Tooltip tool, mark up and build the commentary.

TRUTH: This is much more involved than a simple 4 step process, I know. But building a commentary is a big job.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#3 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 July 2023 - 06:55 AM

Another option - much easier, but a "longshot," so to speak:

eBay may sell old - very old - STEP reader CDs of The Expositor's Bible Commentary. If so - the Windows version of eSword can access those STEP volumes quite easily (using the eSword STEP reader, which, I think, is still available under the "Tools" menu). I know this because I did it, and used it profitably. Alas, I have resold those STEP CDs and no longer have any access to them.

EDIT: on a whim, I went to eBay to see what was there. I searched "Expositor's Bible Commentary STEP software" and found nothing. I removed the word "STEP" from the search, and immediately found 1 entry that was STEP software, for $200

https://www.ebay.com...:Bk9SR_Lys72jYg

You can tell it is STEP compatible by noticing the STEP logo in the top left corner of the cover. One copy currently available at eBay.

Edited by DoctorDaveT, 03 July 2023 - 07:01 AM.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users