Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Multiple computers

2 replies to this topic

#1 JLW

JLW

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

Because I am on the road a lot and also a pastor at multiple churches, I have two desktops and a tablet. Is there any way I can sync all of these so they will show the study work I have done at any given location?

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

Hello,

A clean solution would have to be provided by the maker of e-Sword. And there's not a clean solution to this much asked for functionality.

You can get two desktops to share some information by using Dropbox. After you install Dropbox, you will notice a folder on your computer is automatically synced with Dropbox.

So you would make your shared dropbox folder on your hard drive the location for Topic Notes and Study notes.  Here's an example of how to do Topic Notes.

You would also click Options > Resources > Location and change the location where resources are read. You would use your Dropbox folder.

This has some drawbacks. Your bookmarks and highlights won't be transferred to another desktop, unless you manually copy the contents to a usb drive between each use. That data is stores in My Documents\e-Sword.

And this does nothing for iPad. :( Coming full circle, this is not a clean solution.

Josh

#3 turnsouth

turnsouth

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

How about:

http://satyadeepk.in...ox-folder-sync/

From the developer:

"Dropbox Folder Sync is a simple app for Dropbox that allows you to seamlessly sync folders outside the Dropbox folder. Pretty handy for syncing Firefox profiles, saved games, music library, Outlook data files etc.,  to Dropbox directly from their locations."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users