Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

How do you make multiple line Bible interlinear module.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 07:28 PM

I wanted to make a module like ohb
Where it's like

In the beginning

Hebrew words clickable to dictionary

Strongs numbers clickable to dictionary

Definitions

How do i format the rtf?
Final result will be mysword but assume i need to use tool tips

Edited by gad4, 25 January 2022 - 09:56 PM.

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 10:43 AM

Sorry that it takes long because the module is locked but you should use htm code instead of rtf.

Here is a sample verse in HiSB:

<Q><H><wh>בְּ<D>רֵאשִׁ֖ית<WH7225><h><X>be·re·****<x><T>In the beginning<t><q> <Q><H><wh>בָּרָ֣א<WH1254><h><X>ba·Ra<x><T>created<t><q> <Q><H><wh>אֱלֹהִ֑ים<WH430><h><X>E·lo·Him;<x><T>God<t><q> <Q><H><wh>אֵ֥ת<WH853><h><X>'et<x><T><t><q> <Q><H><wh>הַ<D>שָּׁמַ֖יִם<WH8064><h><X>hash·sha·Ma·yim<x><T>the heaven<t><q> <Q><H><wh>וְ<D>אֵ֥ת<WH853><h><X>ve·'Et<x><T><t><q> <Q><H><wh>הָ<D>אָֽרֶץ׃<WH776><h><X>ha·'A·retz.<x><T>the earth<t><q>

https://mysword-bibl.../modules-format

Interlinear tags:

1. <Q>...<q> - Interlinear block
  2. <E>...<e> or <T>...<t> - English translation
  3. <X>...<x> - Transliteration
  4. <D> - currently ignored
  5. <H>...<h> - Hebrew text, currently ignored
  6. <G>...<g> - Greek text, currently ignored
  7. <wh> - Hebrew word marker, currently ignored
  8. <wg> - Greek word marker, currently ignored
  9. <wt> - currently ignored

<FI>...<Fi> - Italicized words (added words)

___

<Q><T>In <FI>the<Fi> beginning<t><H>רֵאשִׁ֖ית<h><WH7225><E>At first<e><q>

Edited by Katoog, 26 January 2022 - 11:54 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 08:38 PM

Thanks

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. .

I opened a bblx in tooltip. Saved it as htm

There is a bunch of stuff added such as...

<p lang="en-US" style="text-indent:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;"><span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS';"> </span></p>

<p lang="en-US" style="text-indent:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;"><span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS';background-color:#FF0000;">÷</span><span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS';color:#000000;">Mat 1:1 (bible verse...)</span></p>

The example above does not include references hence are incomplete lines.

1. Does this stuff belong or should it be edited out?

2. Also does one process the result with tooltip or a different way for mysword interlinear?

3. I assume where i put the <Q> block is where i have (bible verse.. )?

4. In the post above, what does "currently ignored" mean?

Looking at a sample output would be helpful

Edited by gad4, 26 January 2022 - 08:58 PM.

#4 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 12:22 AM

<p lang="en-US" style="text-indent:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;"><span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS';"> </span></p>

<p lang="en-US" style="text-indent:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;"><span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS';background-color:#FF0000;">÷</span><span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS';color:#000000;">Mat 1:1 (bible verse...)</span></p>

The example above does not include references hence are incomplete lines.

1. Does this stuff belong or should it be edited out?

The tags should be edited out except the </p> that you need for the verse in line format in e-Sword.

2. Also does one process the result with tooltip or a different way for mysword interlinear?

You should use the same format as theWord used and convert it from theWord format into mySword format with MySwordMigrationTools

Then need only to sweep the file to TheWordBible2MySword.exe and when both files touch each other then see you a DOS screen and the converted file after it.

3. I assume where i put the <Q> block is where i have (bible verse.. )?

This is one word block and if a verse has 7 Hebrew words then need you 7 <Q> blocks.

And you don't need a verse number as "Gen 1:1" in theWord and MySword: that problem is the last problem if the rest is OK.

4. In the post above, what does "currently ignored" mean?

I do not understand what you mean but the **** is the auto-censure of this Forum for dirty words and the English "four letter word" is a part of the first word in Hebrew in Gen 1:1 .

Edited by Katoog, 27 January 2022 - 12:36 AM.

#5 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 12:42 AM

So we just have </p> with no <p>?

Im not sure how you mean make a theword file.

In the past i made a tooltip esword then used the word importer. I'm not sure if this coding is esword compatible. I don't see a way to add html file to theword importer.

Above you said...
"
<H>...<h> - Hebrew text, currently ignored"

Will the Hebrew text be ignored?

#6 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 06:33 AM

You are correct: </p> and <p> have the same effect and <p> is smaller.

Use a text editor and replace all:
<span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS';"> </span></p>
<p>

replace all by nothing:
<span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS';background-color:#FF0000;">÷</span><span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS';color:#000000;">

replace all by nothing:
<p lang="en-US" style="text-indent:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;">

"save the file as" "UTF-8 with BOM" to see the Hebrew script.

The reason that I want to keep the <p> until the last edit is because it is an "end verse" tag that helps to edit with HTM and the e-Sword module in the case of trouble.
And the file is complex so make backups before the edits.

___
Now is most of the file cleaned by unnecessary tags
Show the text with the tags that you have now in Gen 1:1-2

If all the tags are fixed then can you make a theWord file that is a text file.

see https://www.theword....module-spec.doc
 theword Bible files have the following extensions:
    .ont: for files containing both OT and NT (31102 lines)
    .nt: for files containing NT only (7957 lines)
    .ot: for files containing OT only (23145 lines)

(After the Bible verse lines do you add):

description=Hebrew Interlinear
short.title=HI
status=Public Beta
version.date=2022-01-27
version.major=1
version.minor=0
source=web link
about=The Preface of the Hebrew Interlinear

___

Then is your theWord file is ready to convert it into a Mysword module and test it.
__
But the question is does your Hebrew Interlinair follow the KJV standard of OT only (23145 lines)
Or does it follow the Hebrew versnumbering? Look to the book of Psalms, Psa 5:2 Psa 8:2 or last verse in the the book of Malachi.
___

<H>...<h> - Hebrew text, currently ignored"
The date of last update of the webpage is 2015 while we are in 2022: the Hebrew text is now supported, so do not wory.

Edited by Katoog, 27 January 2022 - 06:38 AM.

#7 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 07:07 AM

Thanks... am digesting

Here is a sample verse in HiSB:

<Q><H><wh>בְּ<D>רֵאשִׁ֖ית<WH7225><h><X>be·re·****<x><T>In the beginning<t><q> <Q><H><wh>בָּרָ֣א<WH1254><h><X>ba·Ra<x><T>created<t><q> <Q><H><wh>אֱלֹהִ֑ים<WH430><h><X>E·lo·Him;<x><T>God<t><q> <Q><H><wh>אֵ֥ת<WH853><h><X>'et<x><T><t><q> <Q><H><wh>הַ<D>שָּׁמַ֖יִם<WH8064><h><X>hash·sha·Ma·yim<x><T>the heaven<t><q> <Q><H><wh>וְ<D>אֵ֥ת<WH853><h><X>ve·'Et<x><T><t><q> <Q><H><wh>הָ<D>אָֽרֶץ׃<WH776><h><X>ha·'A·retz.<x><T>the earth<t><q>

My project:

<p lang="ro-RO" style="text-indent:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;"><span style="font-family:'SimSun';font-size:10pt;background-color:#FF0000;">÷</span><span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS';color:#000000;" lang="en-US">Mat 1:1 </span><span style="color:#000000;" lang="he-IL">כ</span><span style="color:#000000;" lang="en-US">ּתָבָא דִּילִידֻותֶה דּיֶשֻוע משִיחָא בַּרֶה דּדַוִיד בַּרֶה דַּאברָהָם ׃</span></p>

In both, the first hebrew letter appears separated..
Is there a reason?
Is it necessary?

When i try to edit out the <span style="color:#000000;" lang="he-IL">, it womt edit. But when i remove "span style="color:#000000;" lang="he-IL"" i end up with <>כ on the opposite side. ( and the brackets appear unremoveable)

÷Mat 1:1 כ<>ּתָבָא דִּילִידֻותֶה דּיֶשֻוע משִיחָא בַּרֶה דּדַוִיד בַּרֶה דַּאברָהָם ׃</p>
(It pastes here different with the : and first word on end)

I think my problems are due to not understanding how to work with the right to left of Hebrew.

replace all by nothing:
<span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS';background-color:#FF0000;">÷</span><span style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS';color:#000000;">

Just confirming..we are also removing the verse marker(÷)?

Edited by gad4, 27 January 2022 - 10:50 AM.

#8 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 11:09 AM

HiSB separates the prefix ("be-" in Hebrew or "In" in English) of the first word and mark the prefixes and suffixes with the <D> tag.
https://objectivetra...s-and-suffixes/

Just confirming..we are also removing the verse marker(÷)

There is only one verse marker ÷ needed for e-Sword for Bible modules in ToolTipToolNT and this is before Gen 1:1 while theWord and MySword not use this marker.

÷
Gen 1:1

___
Your project lack any tag between the Hebrew words and has not even Strong's numbers nor a translation.

Hebrew script has a right to left reading direction while the other parts are from left to right.
This is the reason why a Hebrew Interlinear is so hard to edit.
e-Sword used <heb></heb> and <num></num> tags for Hebrew script and Strong's Numbers.

So you need the Strong's as "Hebrew Scripture Pattern plus Strong's Numbers" and delete the unpointed Hebrew and replace it with your pointed Hebrew by using some merge option.
But this is higher than my own editing skills. And you need to know the differences between Biblical Hebrew and Modern Hebrew.

Another way to convert from e-Sword to MySword is using DB Browser for SQLite; export it to a SQL and edit the Book numbers and edit the fields above and below the Bible field to the MySword format of SQL and then import; close and save it.
Begin to edit with the big numbers: (so the last Books of the Bible first).

Edited by Katoog, 27 January 2022 - 11:10 AM.

#9 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 12:58 PM

I was able to get all the code from the Hebrew
Notepad++ solved the problem

Edited by gad4, 27 January 2022 - 08:18 PM.

#10 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 January 2022 - 03:37 PM

Is this coded correctly?

Mat 1:1 <Q><H>כּתָבָא<h><X><a href='d-Aramaic KTB)'>KTB)</a><x><T>book; writing<t><q><Q><H>דִּילִידֻותֶה<h><X><a href='d-Aramaic DYLYDWTH'>DYLYDWTH</a><x><T>origin; descent<t><q><Q><H>דּיֶשֻוע<h><X><a href='d-Aramaic DY$W('>DY$W(</a><x><T>works Jesus.<t><q><Q><H>משִיחָא<h><X><a href='d-Aramaic M$YX)'>M$YX)</a><x><T>Messiah; Annointed One<t><q><Q><H>בַּרֶה<h><X><a href='d-Aramaic BRH'>BRH</a><x><T>outside; son.<t><q><Q><H>דּדַוִיד<h><X><a href='d-Aramaic DDWYD'>DDWYD</a><x><T>works David.<t><q><Q><H>בַּרֶה<h><X><a href='d-Aramaic BRH'>BRH</a><x><T>outside; son.<t><q><Q><H>דַּאברָהָם<h><X><a href='d-Aramaic D)BRHM'>D)BRHM</a><x><T>works Abraham.<t><q>

Edited by gad4, 30 January 2022 - 03:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users